Droid2 facebook sync

solar

Reaction score
I apoligize if this has already been discussed somewhere. I'm usualy good about checking for theads.

Since i've moved to the Droid 2 with the Motorola modified android OS, adding my facebook account no longer gives me the option not to sync all my facebook people contact info into my mail contacts area.

I don't want all those people in my contacts. i only want the people I contact regularly. Is there a way to fix this or a work around? Currently when I try to remove it, the systems says I need to removd them as a friend though facebook, which is obviuosly not a good solution, lol.

Anyone have any info on this crapola? :icon_evil:

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
I withdraw my question! It doesn't remove them, and apparently you can't control what syncs with this motorola molested version of android. but apparently you can easily filter what contacts you see by simply clicking on header CONTACTS: ALL CONTACTS and instead choosing google contacts or phone contacts.

Thanks fo brucewrs for the tip.

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Nevermind, I unwithdraw my question! Whil clickin on contacts and choosing gmail or phone contacts or whatever will let you see just those, the settings don't stick. you have to do it every friggin time. It always defualts to All Contacts. Also, clicking on the phone icon and thn access your contacts that way doesn't even let you choose, it just shows you everything. ugh. For everything motorola made better by adding a bit 'o blur, they made just as many things worse.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
A most interesting journey you have had, my young padawan.... :D

A mixed bag indeed.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Because of this crap, anyone with a D2 can't use Facebook. I will never open that app again for fear of screwing up my contacts. I sure hope Motorola is aware of this blunder.

Dankinia

Reaction score
I really hope they fix this soon. My D2 arrived today and this and the bloatware make me want to keep my D1.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Nevermind, I unwithdraw my question! Whil clickin on contacts and choosing gmail or phone contacts or whatever will let you see just those, the settings don't stick. you have to do it every friggin time. It always defualts to All Contacts. Also, clicking on the phone icon and thn access your contacts that way doesn't even let you choose, it just shows you everything. ugh. For everything motorola made better by adding a bit 'o blur, they made just as many things worse.

And when you remove the social networking crap from ROM and download facebook from market it will not sync any contacts...

Nevermind I was confused...I guess you were saying the same..lol

Last edited:

MrKleen

Reaction score
I can't imagine this is the way Motorola actually wanted this software to behave.

Contacts related to Facebook worked flawlessly with the stock D1. I hope Motorola simply made an error when they were slapping their crap together.

But if they have not fixed it for the 2.2 release for the Droid X, they must not give a crap whether we wanted to use the Facebook app or not.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
i just signed in to the facebook for android app and not the moto blur one, i just gave up on the syncing and deal with it

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
lol, yeah. I've have no luck getting it to behave any differently. THe doridx ave blue too. I wonder if it behaves the same. I like the fac that I could choose to NOT have any facebook contacts if I so chose.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Because of this crap, anyone with a D2 can't use Facebook. I will never open that app again for fear of screwing up my contacts. I sure hope Motorola is aware of this blunder.

If you sign into Facebook from the app in the app drawer, nothing syncs so it doesn't screw up your contacts. And yeah the d 2 software is definitely Motorola molested
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Khiraji

Reaction score
I thought this was going to bother me when I first got my D2, but after using it for a while it's actually not that bad. If I want to contact a specific person, I just search for their name and text away... people I talk to regularly are either already in my recent texts/calls list. Yes it shows all ~600 people from my Google, Facebook and Phonebook accounts but imo not a dealbreaker...

gmdoggies

Reaction score
I find this extremely annoying also. I am wondering if I download a contacts app from the market like "Go Contacts" if it will fix this. Anyone use a contact app other than the stock?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums