Droid2 Contact filter?

mzamborini

Reaction score
Hello, I'm helping someone on filtering contacts that are being replicated to their mobile device so that they don't see them all. The user is using Active Sync, and they're getting a large amount of contacts that they don't want to see on the Droid. Is there a way that we can filter the contacts so that only certain ones would be visible on the mobile device? I realize that the Droid has groups and that i can use, but we need to have only certain folks from this group visible. The group does get synced through My Contacts in Outlook to the Mobile Device (through Active Sync).

Thanks in Advance!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you took a look at gmail on line? The only way I can think of is to create a group. Perhaps if you look at gmail on line, go to the contacts area you might be able to work with it over there.

OP
M

mzamborini

Reaction score
The list comes from an in-house public folder which I have replicated to our users My Contacts via a third party product. Using Gmail adds another dimension that I'd prefer to avoid. We have multiple folks who update this public folder and I'd prefer that they continue to use the same PF that ultimately gets replicated to users My Contacts.

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The list comes from an in-house public folder which I have replicated to our users My Contacts via a third party product. Using Gmail adds another dimension that I'd prefer to avoid. We have multiple folks who update this public folder and I'd prefer that they continue to use the same PF that ultimately gets replicated to users My Contacts.

Thanks!

But this is a Google phone. :blink:

When he first got the phone he had to sign up for a gmail account. More then likely the contacts are already there.

Sounds like he wasn't aware of what he was purchasing. Or she, as the case may be. Sorry, that's the best I can do for you.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I think what is happening here is when the phone was first synced it was pulling contacts from possibly a social network. I had the same problem. It was syncing my Facebook contacts and my regular contacts together. I forget what I did but I do know that I deleted all the Facebook contacts till I had the normal contacts and then backed that up. Don't know if this is what you're talking about here in similarity or not.

OP
M

mzamborini

Reaction score
Import?

Ok, so what if I used the import feature in Google contacts to pull from the Outlook contacts only certain folks from the list? Is this possible? And if so, can this be replication be scheduled?

TIA!