Droid2 and Hands Free Link?

bishoy

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Acura TL that has hands free link. I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone successfully got the navigation to connect to AcuraLink?

2. Can I use the android voice command through the car microphone?

3. Can I use the voice texting feature from my car microphone?

4. Does my car support bluethooth stereo so that I can play pandora (or any music, for that matter) through my speakers? If so, how do I set it up?

P.S. if you have a Honda Accord, Oddessy, Pilot or an Acura TSX, TL, RDX, ZDX, MDX or RL that has hands free link and AcuraLink (or HondaLink), its the same thing, so yes it will work :)

Thank You for your responses!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
B

bishoy

Reaction score
no one? am i asking retarded questions?

OP
B

bishoy

Reaction score
Can I have a mod move this to the droid general discussions please? Maybe I'll have more luck there

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

ren_rew

Reaction score
bishoy,

I have a 2010 Honda Insight with Hands Free Link. My phone is a Verizon Motorola Droid-X. I am running the Pandora app with a 3.5 mm cable to the AUX port on the Honda radio and it works better than my Sirius satellite FM receiver. I also run the free GPS (not Verizon's) and use my Droid-X bluetooth to pair with the Hands Free Link phone. It all works beautifully. Additionally, I have recently connected some streaming radio stations using the Droid app called TuneIn Radio.

Other than loading apps to your phone and having a 3.5 mm cable to connect phone to Honda radio, nothing else has to be done. I do use a car charger also because the Droid's battery would discharge too quickly. I am on an unlimited data usage internet plan with Verizon because of the data usage is high when streaming Pandora, GPS, etc. Hope this might be helpful

dThurman

Reaction score
I use a Droid 2 with a "cradle" in my truck. I also have found that when listening to Pandora the sound quality is much better than the Bose system in my truck. I am not as satisfied with the "hands free" system by using the cord to my radio as I was with my Motorola phone using a mike mounted above my head and speakers under the dash just for the phone.

ren_rew

Reaction score
Update - 02-01-2011 9:22PM - I just ordered a Blackberry Wireless Music Gateway/Mini USB Travel Charger (Item# N82E168759998877) from Newegg.com for $24.99 with free shipping and no sales tax. It was $36.99 to $49.99 on Amazon. It will let me hook up via bluetooth from my Droid-X to my Honda car radio. I t can work with Iphone or any android phone. I will let you know how it turns out. Good reviews on Amazon that explain how it works.