Droid1 updates = garbage

jon.ritter

Reaction score
Is there anyway to get around the 2 year upgrade on a droid??? I liked the phone for a while but after the two last updates it freezes I"ve reset it and still no improvement. I just want to go back to blackberry!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well my frend that sounds like a personal issue because most of us are loving froyo. But no worries. You can root and try a custom rom or you can use your warranty and get a droid that works properly. Droids don't freeze after a factory data reset unless something is defective or you're running something that your Droid doesn't like.

OP
J

jon.ritter

Reaction score
Well my frend that sounds like a personal issue because most of us are loving froyo. But no worries. You can root and try a custom rom or you can use your warranty and get a droid that works properly. Droids don't freeze after a factory data reset unless something is defective or you're running something that your Droid doesn't like.

How long is warranty? I know that I have to force quit almost every app I launch including camera, google voice, mail, native and K9. I don't want a new droid, I use my phone for work and if its down its a HUGE deal because I'm traveling a lot. Any outs?

johnzenobia

Reaction score
Warranty is one year from date of purchase, sounds like there is an issue with that phone. Have verizon send you another one.

lockman

Reaction score
Sounds like another BB user that doesn't understand how android works. No offense. I personally know several people that say the same thing- my phone sucks; apps don't close; now I use a task killer and my phone's slow, etc.

Check out Craigslist. You'll be able to find someone willing to trade with you.

OP
J

jon.ritter

Reaction score
Sounds like another BB user that doesn't understand how android works. No offense. I personally know several people that say the same thing- my phone sucks; apps don't close; now I use a task killer and my phone's slow, etc.

Actually I'm not technically challenged but thanks. Good response though because I"m having an issue with a phone it automatically becomes a "hater" status sorry I don't bandwagon, I bought a droid because I like open source and previously it worked great. Now the apps that I use the most freeze all the time, the touch screen is far less accurate and I have to pull the battery 4 times a day. Has nothing to do with my lack of understanding.

superglen99

Reaction score
Go into verizon and they might swap out your droid for a new one since yours is wigging out. Manufacturers warranty is 1 year. Good luck!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Go to the store and talk to someone, I bet they will allow you to get a new phone if you are that dissatisfied with the Droid. You could probably call too, but I personally like going to the store and touching a device before I make a plunge on it. Verizon is happy to rope people into another two year contract, so I would think your chances are good.

That said, if it just the updates that are causing problems for you, there may be fixes for whatever problems you are having if you are willing to go through the effort. Or you probably could get a replacement via warranty. Call Verizon and see what they have to say about both cases.

Either way your best course of action is calling VZW or going to a Verizon Wireless store and talking to them.

aristo1963

Reaction score
Go to VZW first and have tech support reflash your phone to see if it will then work.If it still does not either talk to them about a replacement working phone or a BB trade in.

I have seen several who got hosed by the update so you do have a leg to stand on so to speak.I have been blessed my november D1 took 2.2 without a hiccup and now my son loves it,while I am loving my new D2.A 10 lb weight took out his Eris( dont ask):icon_eek:

But without that weight I would still be D1'n it.

lockman

Reaction score

Actually I'm not technically challenged but thanks. Good response though because I"m having an issue with a phone it automatically becomes a "hater" status sorry I don't bandwagon, I bought a droid because I like open source and previously it worked great. Now the apps that I use the most freeze all the time, the touch screen is far less accurate and I have to pull the battery 4 times a day. Has nothing to do with my lack of understanding.

Little defensive there, aren't we?
After reading your first post, you sounded like several people I know. After this one, it sounds like your phone has issues, similar to ones my phone had. Flawless from launch to two weeks ago, then screen wouldn't work correctly. I'd call 611, get tech support. They'll have you factory reset, tell them you already did, then they'll overnight a refurb.