Droid1 Stuck in Bootloader

emlayton

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Droid that has been rooted. I seem to be stuck in the Bootloader screen. The Droid was rooted using the "Rooting the Doid 1 - regardless of OS version." thread by MotoCache1.

My wife now uses the phone since I upgraded to a Droid X. Thus I am not exactly sure what happened but that "my phone broke". This is the story that I get...one day the phone was allowed to "die" by not recharging. This was a few days after she answered the "rom manager" update for Steel Droid 3.0. When she plugged it back in the wall plug and it "woke" to the bootloader screen. Then she rebooted it and it booted to the Rom and had a date of Dec 19, 1969. The phone had no signal and would not recognize network, make calls or surf Internet. She then turned it off, rebooted and it has been stuck ever since.

When I got the phone it was dead and would not allow any programming. I gave my battery to a friend with a Droid and got the battery recharged.

I can hold x when booting and get to SPRecorvery, patched by Sir PhyscoS (0.99.3b). I can wipe data, factory reset, see my previous nandoroid backups, restore, etc. The phone however every time reboots to the bootloader screen.

I then went back over the rooting steps, RDS Lite4.6, reinstalled

I went back to RDSLite 4.6 and re-install mc1_A855_1282081....as per the rooting instructions mentioned above. The phone will pass. I have tried different roms reinstalled (by mounting SD card in SPRecovery) and renamed to update.zip (thinking that file became corrupt). The phone installs the ROM and always boots back to:

Bootloader 2c.6c, Battery ok, Ok to program, Connect USB data cable.

I think it is groundhog day!

Any suggestions?

I am almost convinced that the issue can only be that the Dpad is stuck and forcing the reboot to bootloader. Any way to verify this?

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You aren't plugged into the pc each time you reboot are ya?.. the problem is most likely more involved than that but a lot of people hit the bootloader when they charge a dead phone on like that instead of a wall charger .... I'm sure a rescue squad member will have the answer tho....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
E

emlayton

Reaction score
...When she plugged it back in the wall plug and it "woke" to the bootloader screen....

...When I got the phone it was dead and would not allow any programming. I gave my battery to a friend with a Droid and got the battery recharged....

Actually the phone would not charge at all...wall or computer when I got the phone. My wife was bad about not wall charging when I initially gave her the phone. Thus she knew to wall charge at the time of the incident. Also I tried to wall charge the phone for 2 days...the phone was nice and warm but did not charge...thus the 2 different fixes stated above.

Thanks!

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol... guess I should learn to read a whole paragraph.... :)...

OP
E

emlayton

Reaction score
FYI...

I have tried a few more rom installs since my posting and am still booting back to bootloader after a successful rom install...

Do I need to be going back to previous OS version roms? Is there a way to wipe the phone and start over? Should I try the unrooting process? Or is my darn D-pad just stuck?

Thanks!

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This sounds beyond me man.. I can help with a lot of stuff but 1969 and a stuck bootloader doesn't sound right...lol. The tut for motocache's is just to flash sprecovery.. after that, you're out of the bootloader and on to installing the update.zip that I think installs busy box and it keeps the phone from reverting back to stock recovery... so I don't think the os version is playing a role in your issue. It's either like you think, the Dpad is stuck so it's automatically going to bootloader or just a hardware issue... as far as getting into sprecovery and factory resetting and wiping, I honestly don't think that will change anything since the bootloader screen is what keeps poppin up... I'll alert a rescue squad member to this post and see if they can assist you... sorry bud.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
FYI...

I have tried a few more rom installs since my posting and am still booting back to bootloader after a successful rom install...

Do I need to be going back to previous OS version roms? Is there a way to wipe the phone and start over? Should I try the unrooting process? Or is my darn D-pad just stuck?

Thanks!

"after a successful rom install...", do you wipe data and cache prior to the install?

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Amazing... I was just looking for you...lol

mr_silent

Reaction score
Try flashing a rom using adb shell. You should be able to do it at the bootloader screen when it tells you to connect usb and program.You may need an official firmware version though. Check outwww.peteralfonso.com for the OTA odexed and deodexed zip files.

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lmao.... I have the same response at home too...

OP
E

emlayton

Reaction score
This sounds beyond me man.. I can help with a lot of stuff but 1969 and a stuck bootloader doesn't sound right...lol. The tut for motocache's is just to flash sprecovery.. after that, you're out of the bootloader and on to installing the update.zip that I think installs busy box and it keeps the phone from reverting back to stock recovery... so I don't think the os version is playing a role in your issue. It's either like you think, the Dpad is stuck so it's automatically going to bootloader or just a hardware issue... as far as getting into sprecovery and factory resetting and wiping, I honestly don't think that will change anything since the bootloader screen is what keeps poppin up... I'll alert a rescue squad member to this post and see if they can assist you... sorry bud.

Thanks for your response. I see you are located in AZ? Where at? I am in Maricopa. Take care,

OP
E

emlayton

Reaction score
FYI...

Thanks!

"after a successful rom install...", do you wipe data and cache prior to the install?

I cannot remember how exactly I did this...I typically do 1 factory wipe then 3 cache wipes, install the ROM then do another Cache wipe.

Is there a better "order" you would suggest?

GEAUX TIGERS! Looks like a decent signing day today.

OP
E

emlayton

Reaction score
Try flashing a rom using adb shell. You should be able to do it at the bootloader screen when it tells you to connect usb and program.You may need an official firmware version though. Check outwww.peteralfonso.com for the OTA odexed and deodexed zip files.

Thanks for the reply. This is a bit above my skills as of yet...without a bit more specific guidance to ensure I dont mess this up. Do you have any postings that explain this process better?

I looked at the site and am not sure which stock files that I should use? FRG01B, etc.??? Sorry for my ignorance.

Looking again at this it appears that FRG83D is the most current. Thus I suspect that I should use this. Not quite sure now what to do.

Last edited: