Droid1 randomly stopped working

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by ishboo22, Sep 10, 2010.

1. ishboo22

ishboo22 New Member

I tried searching and didn't come up with anything.

I have a stock droid, the only changes I made today were downloading the stumble app, and the vcast barcode scanner. About half an hour after that, the phone just froze and went dim and stayed that way. I pulled the battery and turned it back on, and at first I could move around a bit, but then it froze again. I tried again, and was able to delete the two new apps quickly enough before it froze again, but now I can't even unlock the phone after booting. It boots to a dim unlock screen, and then the screen goes off and the bottom buttons stay lit until I pull the battery again.
    I tried holding x while I booted, just got an exclamation point and nothing happened. It had water damage like 6 months ago, so I was trying to avoid the verizon store or paying my insurance deductible. Any thoughts?
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

what about up on the dpad when turning on? you can flash a file to go back to stock to see if that helps..
  3. ishboo22

ishboo22 New Member

What do I do from there?

I get a screen that says
    Bootloader 2c.7c

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable
  4. Abe21599

link 1, option 1 then 5 will get you back to stock. this is only a guess on how to fix this.. as if this is water damage, this probably wont fix anything.

also, hold x and power on after doing the process and wipe data/cache to start fresh. let me know how it goes..
  5. ishboo22

ishboo22 New Member

I really doubt it's water damage, because it happened so long ago. It was barely even water damage, and it's been working fine for a while.

If I am wiping data and cache, does that include my sd card? It's basically just pictures that I don't want to lose. I don't care about the music/documents.
  6. Abe21599

wiping data/cache is only the phones memory - your sdcard will be fine.

this is just putting everything back to stock settings to see if this fixes it.
  7. ishboo22

ishboo22 New Member

I can't get anything to show up in RSD. I am on an administrator account, but I can't run the program as an administrator for some reason (It's not my computer), so I am assuming that's the issue. I guess I will just have to take it in tomorrow and hopefully convince someone from verizon to help me, but I will probably just have to pay the insurance on it.
    Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.