Droid1 input

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Lady_DroidX, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone was wondering if the Droid 1 was any good. I want to start my friend out with a really great Droid and she really like the 1. Just needed to get some input before I ordered off of eBay
  2. benjamin1

benjamin1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not capable enough for the newer apps and so forth, but I loved that phone. Took a ton of abuse and still works today. Even after I rooted it, not enough space or power for gb or ics, had to retire it for a DROID 4. I like my new phone, but DROID 1 will always be my favorite, its just over three years old and that is ancient in DROID years.
  3. vey

vey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate spending money on phones or expensive services. So I'm still using one on prepaid. I bought it locally from CL for $50 about 9 months ago.

If you don't add too many apps, then it works okay out of the box. If you do want a ton of apps, then you have to learn a bunch to keep it lag free. I learned a bunch and use things like kernels that have functions that were written only last year.

That's why I can run mine lag free, but users who retired theirs say it's impossible and to "get a newer phone."
  4. Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info not sure what to get her. I'm still running off my original Droid x with no problems with tons of apps. maybe I will upgrade us both to Droid x2 for some pretty good ones on eBay as well.