Droid1 erratic behavior

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I upgraded to a TB, had my service transferred but was going to keep my Droid for a backup. I pulled the battery and put it in a drawer for two weeks. Yesterday I wanted to use it for playing some music, I put the battery back in and charged it and when I went to play music it was acting strange.

You can feel it pulsating, and when you slide to another screen it immidiately goes back to the home screen. No matter what app you click on it shuts down and goes back to home screen. When I tried to shut it down to reboot the message that says turn off, airplane mode, ect kept flashing off and on too fast for you to be able to click on it.

I finally got it shut down and just now decided to try it again, removed battery, rebooted it and it's doing the same thing again. It was running fine before I transferred servie to the TB. I still should be able to use it for some things right?

Anyone have any ideas about whats going on and what I can do to fix it?

OP
sincitygrrrl1

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Nobody has any suggestions? It's still acting up, can't use it for anything now. The home screens are jumping all over the place, anything you click on shuts down as soon as it opens and you can feel it pulsating in your hand as it's making a clicking sound as the screens jump back and forth.

It's stock, never been rooted and ran perfectly until I shut off service to it. How can I get it back running again so I can at least use it for listening to music?

Help Please??

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is an odd problem, are you using a third party charging cable?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
You can try doing a factory reset and seeing if that helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
sincitygrrrl1

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
This is an odd problem, are you using a third party charging cable?

No, I'm using the same chargers I've always used, the one that came with the phone and the media dock.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should be able to use it via wifi just as before, I would also suggest a factory reset and possibly clean the battery leads and make sure they are free of debree

OP
sincitygrrrl1

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Grrrr, I was hoping to avoid doing a factory reset but I guess that's my next step. I love having the TB, but was wanting to hook my D1 up to my stereo speakers in my cellar for when I work out and blast some music.

Thanks for responding.

elPrez

Reaction score
Won't help, I had the exact same problem. Had to get a replacement sent. That one had several letters on the keyboard wouldn't work and the volume toggle only worked to lower volume. Third unit keeps loosing 3G until I power down and back up.

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
I just switched from a D1 to a TB. I have turned on my D1 a couple times, transferring music to the TB. Mine did not have these problems, it worked normal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Sounds like what my droid did after 1.5 years of usage. The screen was "pulsating" as you say and it would type and do things on its own. I could press on the screen and it would do 4-5 additional keys that I didn't press. I have a video of it going haywire. This was after I got my Thunderbolt so I had a long sad ceremony for my Droid 1 and retired it.

I uploaded the video to my youtube: [video=youtube;QKw7UkEtkSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKw7UkEtkSM]YouTube - Droid 1 Crazy 003[/video]

I did a factory reset, restored a rom I know worked, but I'm 100% sure the touch screen is losing connectivity with the phone cuz when I press on the screen, the touch screen goes in and out and will even turn on/off the screen. :(

Now, it won't even register me touching the screen. After it texted and called people several nights in a row, I finally gave up and retired it. <RIP> :(

Last edited:
OP
sincitygrrrl1

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Sounds like what my droid did after 1.5 years of usage. The screen was "pulsating" as you say and it would type and do things on its own. I could press on the screen and it would do 4-5 additional keys that I didn't press. I have a video of it going haywire. This was after I got my Thunderbolt so I had a long sad ceremony for my Droid 1 and retired it.

I uploaded the video to my youtube: YouTube - Droid 1 Crazy 003

I did a factory reset, restored a rom I know worked, but I'm 100% sure the touch screen is losing connectivity with the phone cuz when I press on the screen, the touch screen goes in and out and will even turn on/off the screen. :(

Now, it won't even register me touching the screen. After it texted and called people several nights in a row, I finally gave up and retired it. <RIP> :(

Yup, mine was 16 months old, never gave me a problem. Tried to do a factory reset but it's still doing it and I can't press the buttons fast because the screen doesn't respond fast enough before it jumps back to another screen to let me complete the factory reset. So I gave up....

My Droid 1 is now a paperweight!!! :(

Thankfully I love my ThunderBolt and it actually felt weird holding the Droid, seemed so small...LOL

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
My Droid 1 is now a paperweight!!! :(

Thankfully I love my ThunderBolt and it actually felt weird holding the Droid, seemed so small...LOL

Haha, so true :) Loving my Thunderbolt too. It's actually nice to have WiFi and such a huge screen. Although I still feel bad for my Droid 1, at least one of my Droid 1 friends bought my battery, charger, and battery door. lol. So it's living on, or part of it is.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
They'll fix it but you'll have to pay. Once a warranty is over it has nothing to do with them standing behind the phone. Your warranty is up so you have to cover it yourself.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk