Droid1 dies over night

Mikiko

Reaction score
My new Droid X died overnight too

I just got this new Droid X yesterday. And this morning will only boot to the moto emblem.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Running stock and it takes 2 hours to charge to 100%. Ever since new in March.
Are you using the cord and plug it came with and a good outlet?

I had bought a usb wall plug for my last cell phone (only came with a usb cord) and it was a cheap one. Would barely charge my D1 and even drain the battery with background apps (like e-mail). Then I used my droid wall plug and it worked great after that. I thought it might be the extension cord because that was a cheap one (had to buy a new one anyway so I got a power strip).

Have you tried charging it on a computer?
A different wall outlet?

I also charge mine at night (as well at at work plugged into the computer). I only power mine off if I need to, so hardly ever. I keep mine charged above 50% if I can.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I just got this new Droid X yesterday. And this morning will only boot to the moto emblem.
:welcome: to the forum. Did you power it off or did you leave the screen off? If the screen is off it's still sucking juice, is why I asked. Plug it in and make sure it'll boot up.

And my apologies to Ricks for the hijack.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
To the op instead of shutting your phone off why don't you plug your phone in an then put it on airplane mode so you cant receive calls or texts or emails?

Mikiko

Reaction score
Hi debdroid1a,

Thank you so much for the tips. I plug into my DT usb port and the power green light just lit.

After patiently waited for a few hours, the phone screen is able to turn on with 15% battery gauge.

Thanks,
Mikiko
:wink:

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
[IQUOTE=furbearingmammal;812623]Two hours on the wall charger is excessive. One hour is what it should be. Either you have a short in the phone, or a bad battery, would be my guess.[/QUOTE]

I think that from dead to fully charged in 2 hours is normal

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Of course, I have a really crappy battery. :) I'm just going on what I've heard others say.

My battery might last a day if I don't keep it plugged in constantly. Might.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah 2 hours is excessive. Mine will charge from dead to full in an hour, and that's the max. Usually it's around 45-50 minutes.