Droid ZOOM

prophet0p

Reaction score
I was just in the verizon store and i was playing with the Motorola droid. Once of them seem to have been updated and it had the finger zoom as on the iphone. Did the droid update that feature now?

ShowTime

Reaction score
By finger zoom, do you mean the pinch zoom? If so, no, the native Droid browser/apps do not have this feature. But the phone is designed to support it and there are browsers and apps available on the market that do utilize the feature. The Droid's browser uses the double tap zoom.

Last edited:
OP
P

prophet0p

Reaction score
i do mean the pinch zoom. i just found it a little odd that the phone is not advertised with that feature yet i go to verizon and there was a droid on display that had that feature.... that is pretty cool if there is an app to make it work like that.....

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Where were you able to use pinch zoom? Websites in the browser? Photos in the gallery? There are apps that you can add to do these things which is probably what was on the phone. Doesn't matter if the stock Droid can't do it as long as "there's an app for that".

OP
P

prophet0p

Reaction score
it was on the websites i was browsing.... i did not try it on a picture....

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Probably had either the Dolphin or xScope browser installed. Unless they cheated and actually have a Milestone on display for people to play with.

Guchi

Reaction score
its a GSM version of the droid sold in other markets (europe, south america, exc.) that does have pinch to zoom enabled from the factory

jpdroid

Reaction score
Probably had either the Dolphin or xScope browser installed. Unless they cheated and actually have a Milestone on display for people to play with.

No chance whatsoever it was a Milestone. Milestone is not available in the U.S. and can not run on Verizon's network (so you would never see it in a Verizon store). Motorola has an exclusive arrangement with Verizon for the DROID and Milestone will not be seen on any other U.S. carriers due to that arrangement. Dolphin or xScope browser is the only possibility.

Last edited: