Droid Z2 Force screen delaminating?

FratDaddy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Z2 Force
So I preordered my Z2 Force through Verizon, so it was an early run model. Although for the most part I love the phone (other than the sub-par battery) I'm noticing the "indestructible" screen is showing really bad wear. It scratches at the drop of a hat. Like, literally, I can scratch it with my thumbnail. I have searched and gotten mixed responses that Motorola was working on a fix? I just find it unacceptable that a phone of this price point has a screen that scratches this easy. I shouldn't have to mummify it in a case to keep my fingernail from damaging it.
But more concerning, is that the screen itself is delaminating and lifting along the edges. I'm pretty gentle with my phones and they usually live in my pocket. It's almost looking like I've got some cheezy cheap screen protector on it at this point. Is anyone else having this issue? I have not gone to Verizon with this yet, but the phone is literally only a couple months old. If I hadn't spent $ on accessories already I would be considering demanding a different phone.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's sounds like the user replaceable shatter shield top layer is peeling up.

If you check around the forums here you'll see that the top layer that makes the screen shatterproof is known to be soft by design. Hence the scratches. A tempered glass screen protector is highly recommended to get the best of both worlds.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Shattershield is a five layer design system and it does sound like the outer layer (known as the lens) is peeling away from the rest of the screen assembly. As radon222 pointed out, it is known to scratch easily; and did on the Z Force and Turbo 2 also. Peeling off in the corners is not very common to my knowledge, and may be covered under warranty. I would definitely check with Verizon and Moto Customer Service and see if you can get a new lens (outer layer) under warranty. And then put on a decent screen protector to protect the new lens.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk