Droid X's arriving early!

z06mike

Reaction score
I dunno dude lol...you caught me a little off guard with the fast response! ;P...did you have a Droid prior to this? Maybe a side by side pic for direct size comparison would be great! :)

Nope. My first android device. I had an BB S2 before this. If you go to droid life you can see the side by side pic with the S2.

z06mike

Reaction score
Here's one quick pic! Gotta go for now. Didn't have my camera on me and I had to to use my s2 so it's not that great but here you go:
img00008201007071943.jpg

jdausesj

Reaction score
Awesome man....Congrats one getting your first Android device!! AND THE DROID X!! :)

ripstar42

Reaction score
Is there a way to transfer everything(apps,pics,music,home screen) from my droid to the new X?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Can you provide some feedback? Call quality, battery life, etc?

Please...All everyone is doing is saying "I got Mine", but I have not seen one good review of the device by a normal user.....

Generalg

Reaction score
The local corporate store here has a X on hand. Going to check it out over lunch. Yuppeee!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Another DROID X Arrives Early. Last One?

On 07.08.10, In News, by Kellex

This is getting out of control! Another of our readers has received a Droid X well ahead of the actual July 15th launch date. And from what he’s told us, he ordered it yesterday morning around the time we posted our additional info on these early arrivals. Oh and don’t be surprised at the quick delivery time, I’ve ordered stuff through Big Red and had it show up over night as well.

Now to counteract all of this, I have heard from countless Verizon customer service reps over the last few days who claim that this could just be hype and marketing from corporate and that the SKU for the DX has been on lock down ever since the first device arrived earlier this week. But then we got this email this morning showing that it may still be possible…one giant mystery.

So here is the deal, I want to know how many of you were able to call consumer sales and actually place an order. I also want to know how many of you were denied.

Let us know!

Trash Can

Reaction score
Please...All everyone is doing is saying "I got Mine", but I have not seen one good review of the device by a normal user.....

Do tech journalists get them early for review?

Reviews conducted by "experts" don't mean jack to me. The best feedback is done by your average Joe IMO.

To those of you who have been fortunate enough to get one of these devices, please provide us with something. Any feedback, large or small, will be very much appreciated.

z06mike

Reaction score
Here's one quick pic! Gotta go for now. Didn't have my camera on me and I had to to use my s2 so it's not that great but here you go:
img00008201007071943.jpg

You lucky dog! Can you provide some feedback? Call quality, battery life, etc?

Call quality is really good and the noise cancellation is excellent. The battery life seems decent for now. After all of the reviews, I really thought the battery was going to be ridiculously good, but it's not. I pretty much made it through the day yesterday, granted I've been playing with it a lot :D.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess they were calling it excellent when compared to the Incredible's battery life. I have seen a few different people say that it is on par with the original Droid's battery life (so basically enough to get you through the day without having to recharge).

z06mike

Reaction score
Can you provide some feedback? Call quality, battery life, etc?

What type of review would you like from me? For starters, this is my first Android device so I'm still getting used to it.

The phone is VERY fast and the browser is EXCELLENT!! :icon_ banana:

I don't like the fact that the home screen does not rotate (coming from a storm where it would). For some reason if I get an email with multiple responses I can only click a hotlink in the first one??? (For instance, I keep getting emails from replies on this thread but I can only get a hotlink to the web address in the initial email. I can see the address in the following emails but can't click)