Droid X3 Rumors

Cryptodigital

Reaction score
I recently found out that I have an early upgrade and was thinking about the Razr Maxx or Galaxy Nexus. But then I read a rumor about a phone codenamed: The Motorola Vanquish, a follow up to the DX2 that I currently use. What I am wondering now is what processor is going to be used in this new phone and should I hold out for that instead. I want to play games like Shadowgun on whatever phone I get and I would definitely like to be able to take advantage of the extras that Tegra 3 provides support for. Does anyone know what SOC the DX3 will have? Any other information on the DX3/Vanquish would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Sounds awesome to me. Hope we do get another version of the X. My girls older brother dates a girl that owns four verizons. Ill ask her and she always knows of devices about to come out.

Sent from my MB870/DROID X2 Runnin' CM7

OP
Cryptodigital

Cryptodigital

Reaction score
Sounds awesome to me. Hope we do get another version of the X. My girls older brother dates a girl that owns four verizons. Ill ask her and she always knows of devices about to come out.

Thanks that would be great! Let me know what she says.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Havent been able to see her yet but I'm gonna be paying my bill tomorrow. Should see her then. Just was googling around and stumbled on this pic:

OP
Cryptodigital

Cryptodigital

Reaction score
Looks sweet!

I was reading about this guy over at howardforums.com that claims to have gotten some hands on time with the device and he gave some preliminary specs...

-lighter than DX
-screen is larger than DX
-carbon fiber back (battery non-removable)
-"screen is gorgeous"
-ships with ICS
-probably not till summer

He also said that it is the successor to the DX2 and that Vanquish may be the codename not the actual name it ships as.

I can't wait to find out more... I fielded the question of what SOC it will have but he hasn't responded yet. My hope is that it's Tegra 3 but could be OMAP... I just hope it's quad core! :biggrin: If so we have a real contender on our hands...

Caesars

Reaction score
As a droid x2 owner, I don't see why they would want to continue this monstrosity"X" line, by far the worst phone I've had in my smartphone years (all subjective of course) . Personally (if the maxx doesn't have pentile), I wouldn't be able to resist that battery lol. a thin 4g phone with a huge battery is win win for me. Of course samsung is pretty beast too...great now I dont know what I would like lol.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

p1ngputts

Reaction score
As a droid x2 owner, I don't see why they would want to continue this monstrosity"X" line, by far the worst phone I've had in my smartphone years (all subjective of course) . Personally (if the maxx doesn't have pentile), I wouldn't be able to resist that battery lol. a thin 4g phone with a huge battery is win win for me. Of course samsung is pretty beast too...great now I dont know what I would like lol.

Agreed. Seems like the DX is still getting more attention than the X2. Will stick with MOTO but prob not the X line.

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The DX was a great phone! I personally thing the DX2 is what it is... it just wasn't enough of an upgrade. If memory serves me correct it was released right before LTE was really picking up which kinda made it worse.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
Cryptodigital

Cryptodigital

Reaction score
Just found a funny video of the XT928 on youtube... Could this be the Droid X3?

[video=youtube;p2iq58KoowY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2iq58KoowY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

:D

Reaction score
I loved my x so when the razr came out, it was an obvious choice for me. I don't get these rumors of an x3 because honestly, the razr could have just been called an x3. So the next phone will likely just be a razr2/x4 regardless of what they call it.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

OP
Cryptodigital

Cryptodigital

Reaction score
I loved my x so when the razr came out, it was an obvious choice for me. I don't get these rumors of an x3 because honestly, the razr could have just been called an x3. So the next phone will likely just be a razr2/x4 regardless of what they call it.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

This is a quote from intomobile... "Let me repeat that – Motorola XT928 is the best Android smartphone the American handset maker has ever made. Forget about the RAZR, this is like Galaxy Nexus on steroids..." -Dusan Belic, IntoMobile.

The full article can be found here: Motorola XT928 is the best Moto phone and it's heading to China Telecom

robert70

Reaction score

I think you have bumped your head, my x2 is the best Droid phone I've thus far, now I'm not an owner of a Maxx or gnex yet, but either way, if you don't like the phone you have then you should have gotten a differant phone.