Droid X2

snowbdr89

Reaction score
I ugraded from a dx to the tbolt an it was super fast but came back to a dx an im going to wait until they fix the lte radios an phones like the bionic or the targa to come out but im very tempted to get the dx2 : )

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

snowbdr89

Reaction score
I see on phonearena the moto droid t2 im curious to see what that phone is

leonozug

Reaction score
I see on phonearena the moto droid t2 im curious to see what that phone is

I wouldn't go by anything phonearena has on that site. Lots of the stuff they have on there is old, and the T2 was the nickname for the Bionic/Targa way back last year before they even had a name.

jbcline

Reaction score
I'm thinking that 4G/LTE technology is just too immature right now. I have had an original D1 since day one and would rather get a Droid X2 now and wait for 4G to get better and more available.

RUSirius

Reaction score
I'm thinking that 4G/LTE technology is just too immature right now. I have had an original D1 since day one and would rather get a Droid X2 now and wait for 4G to get better and more available.

Can't agree with you more. I travel out to rural areas quite a bit and 4G/LTE technology is a ways away from being mainstream in these areas at least in the near future. The timing of the x2's release suites my needs perfectly for now. (2 year contract with my Droid is up on June 13th).

music life

Reaction score
as good as the bionic/targa looks. i considering this phone. I like the Droid 3 alot with the physical keyboard but not knowing when that could come out along with me needing a new phone this month just makes the x2 that much better.

lots of people are calling the X2 fans crazy and wait for bionic but moto already failed once on the bionic. who says they wont drop it with problems still. id bet money there is gonna be a list of people not pleased with it when it comes out and returning it to get the X2.

and out of all the people i know with the droid X only 1 of them has not been happy. X2 can only be better.

hoping for the thursday release. but even within the next 2 weeks would be great.

repo_man

Reaction score
That's what I say too! There can only be improvements on the X2 and I'm looking forward to it. I paid $149 for the X so when I return it I will have to pay the difference of the X2.

How does that work? I'm interested because I too just bought my DX for $149 and if I would just have to pay the difference, I might go with the X2.:greendroid:

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Actually, I talked to a Verizon Rep about it. I purchased my Droid X for $149.00, but actually I paid $199.00 and I'm waiting for my $50 rebate card to come the mail, which brings it down to $149.00. So she said they would just stop the delivery of the $50 rebate card and I could swap it for the X2 if it is actually $199.00. I would have to pay the $35 restocking fee for returning the Droid X. I plan to keep all of my accessoriies I purchased since they will be compatible to the X2. I'm just hoping its really in the stores this week because the deadline for my 14 day return policy ends this Friday, May 13th. So for me, its all about the timing!!!
That's what I say too! There can only be improvements on the X2 and I'm looking forward to it. I paid $149 for the X so when I return it I will have to pay the difference of the X2.

How does that work? I'm interested because I too just bought my DX for $149 and if I would just have to pay the difference, I might go with the X2.:greendroid:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Has there been any new news on the release date? There should be an ad leaked or something by now!

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I heard May 12th also, but Verizon has no news on a release date for this week. The Rep did say that they normally dont find out until two days before. I also found out that my deadline is Thursday and not Friday. Your 14 day policy return date starts on the same day you purchase and activate the phone. So....... I really need that X2 to be released in stores on Thursday. I'm keeping my fingers and everything else crossed. I will be there first thing Thursday morning :)
i heard may 12th

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
I haven't used the trial period for many years, but could you exchange your Droid X for some other phone on Thursday if the X2 is not out to buy yourself another 2 weeks or even just re-activate your old phone and turn in your X until the X2 comes out? I guess the drawback is the restocking fee which was not there the last time I used the trial period.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Hmmmm.... I never thought of that. I could return it on Thursday and re-activate my Droid and wait for the Droid X2. I will have to pay the restocking fee regardless though so thats not a big deal. Thanks for the idea. I was wondering what they will do with the information on my Droid X when I return it. I have my contacts etc and really dont want them having access to my personal contacts. I guess they will erase it off the phone?
I haven't used the trial period for many years, but could you exchange your Droid X for some other phone on Thursday if the X2 is not out to buy yourself another 2 weeks or even just re-activate your old phone and turn in your X until the X2 comes out? I guess the drawback is the restocking fee which was not there the last time I used the trial period.

delco714

Reaction score
Hmmmm.... I never thought of that. I could return it on Thursday and re-activate my Droid and wait for the Droid X2. I will have to pay the restocking fee regardless though so thats not a big deal. Thanks for the idea. I was wondering what they will do with the information on my Droid X when I return it. I have my contacts etc and really dont want them having access to my personal contacts. I guess they will erase it off the phone?

Well, arent your contacts stored on your google account? thus when you activate a new android phone and sign in with the same account, it all syncs?

PS, what size battery is going to be in the X2? I cant find the info anywhere!

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
My area will not see 4g for 12-24 months so I want a 3G phone. The Droid X2 will meet all of my needs for ram, dual core processor as well as an improved screen. As soon as it's available I am going to get one and sell my Droid X on EBay.