Droid X2

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the X2. I hope the release date doesn't change. I look forward to a faster better version of the X! Thursday can't come fast enough :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I must admit I am waiting as well. I have been holding out for the Droid 3 for a long time now but find myself a bit tempted by the X2.

leonozug

Reaction score
A lot of people are putting the X2 down, but I LOVE my X. The X2 can only be better. Dual-core, more RAM and a higher resolution screen are worth getting it to me. I'll just use my case I have now since it's the same body, and my extra screen protectors I haven't used are still good. That's winning. ; )

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
That's what I say too! There can only be improvements on the X2 and I'm looking forward to it. I paid $149 for the X so when I return it I will have to pay the difference of the X2.
A lot of people are putting the X2 down, but I LOVE my X. The X2 can only be better. Dual-core, more RAM and a higher resolution screen are worth getting it to me. I'll just use my case I have now since it's the same body, and my extra screen protectors I haven't used are still good. That's winning. ; )

dxgeek35

Reaction score
I just read somewhere the X2 is 4g and of not its still gonna be my next phone but just a plus if it does have LTE!

leonozug

Reaction score
I just read somewhere the X2 is 4g and of not its still gonna be my next phone but just a plus if it does have LTE!

It's only going to have 3G man. But to me that's a plus. 4G sucks battery like a thristy vampire sucks blood. 3G and dual core and more Ram? Works for me!!

I'm gonna buy the X2 retail, activate it, and then sell my X on ebay for hopefully $200. Hopefully it will only be $439 like the Incredible 2 is right now so it won't break the bank too much after getting the $200 back from ebay.

snowbdr89

Reaction score
I could really careless about 4g anymore so im totally happy with 3g I really hope verizon doesnt retail it at some lame high price

leonozug

Reaction score
I could really careless about 4g anymore so im totally happy with 3g I really hope verizon doesnt retail it at some lame high price

I don't think it will retail at some crazy price like the Droid Charge is, simply because it won't be a 4G phone...look the Droid Inc 2, with no 4G only retailing for $439. Let's hope the dual-core processor don't make it higher than that. If they jack up the X2's price they won't be selling too many of them, sell them cheaper and people will trade up much easier.

snowbdr89

Reaction score
Hope not I love my dx, I went from a dx to the tbolt an went back to a dx because its an awesome phone!! So I can imagine the dx with a dual core : )

leonozug

Reaction score
I'm getting the X2 retail, cause who knows, the Bionic may be too sweet to pass up and I don't want to be stuck in a two year contract just yet. lol

But yeah, hopefully it will BLAZE. It's got to be quicker than the X is now. I'm just hoping there is a noticiable difference from it and my X running Zombiestomped clocked to 1.2GHz. There better be!! lol!!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you guys are making me nuts.....I am really starting to consider the X2.....but I want the D3 soo bad.....ugh...

Is it for sure that the X2 drops on Thursday?

leonozug

Reaction score
you guys are making me nuts.....I am really starting to consider the X2.....but I want the D3 soo bad.....ugh...

Tell you what man, after using the DX's 4.3 inch screen, I can't ever go back to a smaller screen. Me and girlfriend(who has a DX too)went and looked at the Incredible 2 the other night while at the mall and the first thing we agreed about it was that it was tiny...even though it's a 4 inch screen, the .3 make a difference. I squint less with the DX's screen than I did with my OG Droid. I also made fun of my friends new iphone(one of my favorite things to do)with that tiny screen. I asked him if he used a magnifiying glass to see the texts I sent him earlier. ; )

If the X2 drops Thursday, I know where I'll be Thursday morning.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Wonder if it will come with Gingerbread installed ?

EgooEspada

Reaction score

It could, but it probably won't. One things for sure, the likelihood of it launching this month is defiant. We'll see. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L

leonozug

Reaction score
Wonder if it will come with Gingerbread installed ?

Good question man. It should, the X is supposed to be getting the official 2.3.3 OTA anyday now. But seeing how all these new phones are coming out with Froyo builds lately, who knows. We can only hope for the best!!