Droid X2 Text Message Issues

twoboymom66

Reaction score
Good Morning All,

Not sure if you can help or not...I have only had my X2 less than a month. While composing a text message, my message just randomly goes away. I hit the back button at the bottom and it will bring the screen back up. When I resume typing, I can't see the word and it does this every time I hit the space button....I have done a factory data reset multiple times and it will clear it up for a day or so....Any help??

Blueshadow490

Reaction score
Having the identical problem, and it just started this morning for me, as I'm assuming it has for you too. I noted a message from My Verizon Mobile stating that it had auto-updated, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with our little problem.

And it's sporadic, at best. As far as I can tell, when I start a new text message conversation with someone, the problem won't flare up until they respond in the new thread, and even then, about 10% of the the messages input without issue. The other 90%...hitting the spacebar brings me back to the conversation window, first off. Then going back to inputting text, it doesn't appear as I type it in. And again, each -Space- pressed brings me back to the convo window.

Truly hoping it's just a buggy update that's being looked into. If not, please halp! The smartest phone in the world is starting to make me feel stupid just trying to say hello to my friends.

orangepickel

Reaction score
Fix.

Clear the data from the keyboard. Go to the Settings app > Applications > Manage Applications > All (tab) > Multi-touch keyboard > Clear Data. It seems to fix the issue (at least temporarily).

Source: text entry problems

Blueshadow490

Reaction score
Nice find. I appreciate the tip. I suppose we'll just have to go with this quick fix until Verizon or Moto figure out what the hell the problem is.

jenkerr25

Reaction score
i have been having the same issue with mine. started yesterday. I did some research and what i have found so far is the next word predition thinks you are done typing so it switches back to the conversation log. I went in and turned it off and so far i have had no more problems with it.

Menu > settings > language & keyboard > multi-touch keyboard > Next word prediction

maybe that will help..

stricken5tein

Reaction score
I have found a fix to your problem. I find that if i turn the "speed vs. prediction" parameter down so that the arrow slider is closer to "speed" and the word choice window slider closer to "never", these issues go away. i have also turned off "Word Prediction". Since I have done all of this, the issues have vanished, but if you are a frequent user of the "word predictions" and spell check, I do not recommend it.

Everything I mentioned can be found under Settings > Language and Keyboard > Swype.

Dean0

Reaction score
i have been having the same issue with mine. started yesterday. I did some research and what i have found so far is the next word predition thinks you are done typing so it switches back to the conversation log. I went in and turned it off and so far i have had no more problems with it.

Menu > settings > language & keyboard > multi-touch keyboard > Next word prediction

maybe that will help..

Jen.... This worked PERFECT!! Thanks for taking the time to post what you learned! I will be linking to this post in other forums!

Thanks again!!
Dean0

fourgr8kdz

Reaction score
Thanks! To try and fix this problem Verizon did a factory reset on my on my Droid X (worked for 4 days), replaced my Droid X (worked for 5 days), upgraded me to a Droid X 2 (worked for 9 days) and then it started happening on my X 2! I about stomped on the phone at that point! However, I thought I'd come here first...and this fixed it! What the heck is going on??!! I sure hope Motorola sends out a patch to take care of this once and for all!

Next time I come here BEFORE 3 trips to Verizon! LOL!

Xtina0901

Reaction score

Thank you SO much! I was not about to spend my whole birthday morning in the Verizon store to get this fixed! You are a lifesaver!!!

CITM

Reaction score
Same issue here, fixed by deleting a bunch of messages that contained pictures. Must be a memory issue.