Droid X2 Selling Today In-Stores?

gowens1

Reaction score
What the...?
Was someone not paying attention when they wrote out the specs on the verizon page or am I missing something here?
Verizon Droid X2 Specs said:
Keyboard

• Touch screen QWERTY Keyboard
  • Physical slide out QWERTY Keyboard
  • backlit keys
Ya I saw that too... a cut & paste error I'm sure :)

gowens1

Reaction score
OK, I did it, ordered a Droid X2. I foresee a week of getting it tweaked and loaded with my old Palm data. I am going to use the B-Folders option for notes and contacts. B-Folders is almost too simple, but gets to the data quickly. That's all I need. It also has a Droid App. Need to look around for a Calendar (perhaps something other than Google). My original option was WinPIM, but it is tired to the Palm sync. I would like a stand-alone soultion.

Zecpull

Reaction score
Have mine in hand.. It was so fast to change from my other Droid X. Apps and all in about 5 min. I have not had time to Play much with it. I bought mine at Best Buy. ( had to use up a reward certificate.) Feels very ,much like my Droid x, but noticeably faster. It has a tactual Feel on the keyboard.. I dont remember that being an option in my X.
all in all I am happy, as I know I wont use a front Camera, and I wont have 4g LTE here for a year.. and I will have another upgrade by then..

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Honestly do people really need 4g speeds on their phone when 3g can stream YouTube fine?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Have mine in hand.. It was so fast to change from my other Droid X. Apps and all in about 5 min. I have not had time to Play much with it. I bought mine at Best Buy. ( had to use up a reward certificate.) Feels very ,much like my Droid x, but noticeably faster. It has a tactual Feel on the keyboard.. I dont remember that being an option in my X.
all in all I am happy, as I know I wont use a front Camera, and I wont have 4g LTE here for a year.. and I will have another upgrade by then..

Nice! Was your X rooted/rom'd/overclocked at all?

jacobbones

Reaction score
To anyone who has the X2.

Can you tell me if it will run the netflix app out of the box?

Reaction score
Can you tell me if it will run the netflix app out of the box?[/QUOTE]

That is interesting since it's not running gingerbread

Been to the Gingerbread House and back to the Dark Slide

pizza3

Reaction score
Got mine today

When I saw that VZW was not going to have it at the B&M until next Thurs. and Amazon was already backordered 2 weeks I went down to my nearest Best Buy. They had it out on the display case to touch and feel and had them ready to sell. They honored my "new every 2" discount for $30, set up the phone transferred my data and I walked out with it ready to go. I went to the VZW store to see if they had a case for it which I get for 25% off, and they were all amazed that I actually had the X2. They hadn't seen one and didn't know when they would get them in. I had also tried Costco and they didn't know when they would get it in and what the price might be. I am telling you knowing an "insider" is not an advantage and may even be a liability. I don't care if you know Jimmy Verizon himself.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The first thing I wanna see is threads for DX2 battery life. Oh wait, the screen. Its at Best Buy now? I need to check it out in person...along with an Atrix.

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
I picked mine up a little while ago. So far, i am impressed. Very fast & smooth. Quadrant score was run 1 time and got a 2424 with most of my apps loaded up. Pretty awesome for not messing with it much other than loading apps.

Ill be posting my pro's & con's once ive had a little more time with it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it come with the newer version of Blur, with the 4 icons and app drawer icon on the right?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or 3 icons and app drawer on the right? I dont have my X running GB in front of me.

leonozug

Reaction score
I went to my local verizon store after work today and they had no X2 units on display. I asked if and when they would have it for sale, and they said "We have it". So I asked if I could just buy it out right retail because I don't want to do anything to my plan I have right now, and that I will activate it myself. They said they could sell it to me, it was $449 retail, but then they said it would be $50 extra on top of that price. I asked wh,y and they said something about me not being elligible for an upgrade. I asked what does the fact I want to purchase the phone retail and walk out of the store with it with my current plan unaffected make them have to charge me an extra $50? They just said that was their policy and that if I boguht it on Verizon Wireless online, that I wouldn't be charged that extra $50. So I got home and tried to get it online, and I get bombarded with plan changes, even though I just want to buy it retail. I really don't get it. How can I just buy this thing from Verizon for $449 with no extra fees or plan changes? Ridiculous.

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
It does have the new blur, but honestly its not that bad. Maybe my opinion will change after using it more, but so far not bad!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums