Droid X2 Selling Today In-Stores?

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Many of you guys have experienced your excitement for the latest update to the Droid family, and now it seems some stores might be handing out this new device before the official in-store launch date. Androidcentral posted late last night that some retailers have been ready to sell this for over a week now, holding the urge to bring them out per request by Verizon, but are now just waiting for someone like you to come by and pick one up. The email said today, Thursday, is the day when they can start selling these dual core qHD bad boys to the nerds that can’t wait any longer.

Source: Droid X2 will actually be on sale in some stores tomorrow | Android Central

blboyd

Reaction score
Well I have decided to pull the trigger on the X2.... Looks like I'll be swinging into a VZW store over lunch!

Wish me luck!
Brandon

Travis798

Reaction score
I would advise calling a store before swinging by. I just called the one store that is open this morning here, and they do not have it. They actually didn't even believe me when I said it launched online today and had to check for themselves, but they told me they do not have it in stock yet. That store opened at 9am, I'll be calling the others that open at 10 later.

Zecpull

Reaction score
They Are Cheaper if you buy online.. 189 online at Verizon.. and I heard Amazon may have them for 149 later .. I am getting one.. But I wanted to use my Best Buy points.

gowens1

Reaction score
Droid X2 or wait for D3

I have not pulled the trigger yet on Droid, but will soon. Coming from Palm Treo. I have spend weeks finding a reasonable way to move all my 12+ years of data from Palm to a new phone. I have a plan now. It's not as easy as Palm desktop was, but close enough. And, best of all, not linked to Outlook or iTunes. And no cloud, what a security nightmare that is. My data is staying in MY control.

Anyway, I am hesitant due to all the complaints I see about battery time. My current phone will go for a week without charging. Then again I don't use it much and never surf with it. It would assume that since the X2 has 2 processors the battery life will be even worse. Comments ?

Last I saw the D3 will be August. I don't want to wait that long. My Palm is getting flaky.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I have not pulled the trigger yet on Droid, but will soon. Coming from Palm Treo. I have spend weeks finding a reasonable way to move all my 12+ years of data from Palm to a new phone. I have a plan now. It's not as easy as Palm desktop was, but close enough. And, best of all, not linked to Outlook or iTunes. And no cloud, what a security nightmare that is. My data is staying in MY control.

Anyway, I am hesitant due to all the complaints I see about battery time. My current phone will go for a week without charging. Then again I don't use it much and never surf with it. It would assume that since the X2 has 2 processors the battery life will be even worse. Comments ?

Last I saw the D3 will be August. I don't want to wait that long. My Palm is getting flaky.

Your days of getting a week's battery life are going to be LONG gone.. no matter what smart phone you buy.

Kryptyk

Reaction score
Stores here in Grand Rapids Mi have them on display, but they are only order only right now.
It will take up to 5 days to get your new phone so ya, released today to look at and order, but not to bring home.

Anyways, why would you go buy a "New" phone without 4g? Granted, awesome that it has a duel core, yes, but pretty disappointing that Moto is coming out with all these nice phones like DX2 and even the D3 coming soon without 4g. Oh well, still have hope for the Bionic....

DaWolf85

Reaction score
What the...?
Was someone not paying attention when they wrote out the specs on the verizon page or am I missing something here?
Verizon Droid X2 Specs said:
Keyboard

• Touch screen QWERTY Keyboard
  • Physical slide out QWERTY Keyboard
  • backlit keys

Travis798

Reaction score
Stores here in Grand Rapids Mi have them on display, but they are only order only right now.
It will take up to 5 days to get your new phone so ya, released today to look at and order, but not to bring home.

Anyways, why would you go buy a "New" phone without 4g? Granted, awesome that it has a duel core, yes, but pretty disappointing that Moto is coming out with all these nice phones like DX2 and even the D3 coming soon without 4g. Oh well, still have hope for the Bionic....

Many people do not, and will not live in a 4g area for quite some time. Personally, I live in a USCC area and only recently got 3g at my home, so 4g is not important to me at all.

Considering the limited availability of 4g and the problems they are still trying to work out, I am the opposite of you and wonder why most people would want to buy a 4g phone. I am ready to upgrade from my OG Droid, and a dual core 3g phone with a 4.3" screen and decent battery life sound good to me.

etx_droid

Reaction score
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the X2...I'd love to wait until the D3 but I dunno if my geekiness will allow me to hold off. Quite a few people I know have the X and LOVE it...so I know I'll love the phone!

HEMLOCK

Reaction score

I won't even have 4G in my area for a year or 2. So why not buy a 3G only phone? By the time I'm due for an upgrade, 4G will be my only choice. Until then, I'm more than happy to go with the X2. I would rather wait until the 4G service is 100% efficient & working too. Yeah it works, but I'm sure there's still bugs & maintenance to get worked out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Like the X2 and am thinking of upgrading from the X.

Intriguing though, is the keyboard description from the Verizon website:

Keyboard

• Touch screen QWERTY Keyboard
  • Physical slide out QWERTY Keyboard
  • backlit key
A physical keyboard? I looked at all the views and there's no pic of a physical slide out keyboard. Also, where the heck would they put it? Darn thing is too skinny! :icon_eek:

DaWolf85

Reaction score
A physical keyboard? I looked at all the views and there's no pic of a physical slide out keyboard. Also, where the heck would they put it? Darn thing is too skinny! :icon_eek:
Maybe they put up the D3 specs accidentally? :D

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
You mean the original Droid X with a dual core processor, no LTE support and a higher res screen that won't even stand out versus the original........I think most people with the Droid X can agree they will pass. The exception are those who just like to have the latest technology.