Droid X2 release?

pizza3

Reaction score
There has been precious little about the expected Droid X2 ("X=squared". Although this carries the same chasis as the "old" X and is limited to 3G, the new innards look just about perfect for me. I hate to get involved in one of those "when is it really coming out" endless rounds of speculation but I will nevertheless. Multiple sources have been pointing to next Thursday, May 12 as "the day". Below find a qoute from Howard Forums who quoted Droid Life who referred to "Friends at Verizon". I hate tactile keyboards, love big screen keyboards, higher resolution and 1.2 something dual core processor. This could be "the one" for me! OMG! I'm so excited.
BTW, I won't be available for recriminations on after the 13th. I vouch for nothing.

""Our friends at Verizon just reached out to share with us the upcoming May release schedule for a variety of new devices including the DROIDX2, LG Revolution, and Xperia Play. All have been rumored left and right, but it’s starting to look like Big Red has firmed up its plans for each one of them. Here is what we’ve got:
  • DROIDX2: May 12 – Reps are being told to sell through the remaining inventory of the original DX to make room for the DX2. And remember that the DX2 is expected to be Verizon’s first dual-core Tegra 2 phone. ""