Droid X2 power button problem

s.fly

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently shattered my screen and had to replace the digitizer. I was able to order a new one and get it on just fine, and reaasemble the phone. When i push the power button (on top of the phone) the phone doesnt come on. The button itself doesnt feel like it's on properly. It doesn't move much. I know the phone is working just fine because when I plug it into the charger i get the charging screen you see when the phone is off, and the LED notification light comes on. I've searched for videos, pictures, or even diagrams of the power button to see if I am missing a piece or am assembling it wrong but I come up with nothing. If anyone has had any expirience with this or know anything that could help it would be greatly appreciated!

heylolly

Reaction score
Plug in to laptop using Sync Cord

have you tried plugging your x2 into your laptop using the sync cord? It won't fix the power button but if the button is the only problem, it will boot up your phone automatically. I have an x2 with a non-responsive power button as well. I have been searching for a video on how to repair this myself and cannot seem to find anything out there. Does anyone have any help with this?