Droid X2 OUT and discounted to $149

jacobbones

Reaction score
Hmmm.

I am about to order the X2 through verizon.
I have the $30 new every two discount and I also get a discount on my plan because of the company I work for.

Can these be added if I buy through amazon?
Not sure if its worth the trouble if I cant

jacobbones

Reaction score
I just ordered it through verizon and it was $149.99 with 2 year renewal
Ended up getting it for 119.99 so Im happy right now.
Only problem is that its listed as free overnight shipping but was charged 12.99. So geuss ill call support when they open

Getwired

Reaction score
...Also, have any X2 cases come out yet?

:greendroid::greendroid:

Supposedly, according to the Moto and VZW accessory compatibility lists, the DX2 is dimensionally equivalent to the DX. I will let you know tomorrow, unless somebody else can confirm and share that here first!

I hope that's the case, as I have this nice Seidio Innocase Active I plan to re-use on the DX2. I'm just a bit bummed that I just put on this new Zagg InvisibleShield, but no big... :frown:

RUSirius

Reaction score
...Also, have any X2 cases come out yet?

:greendroid::greendroid:

Supposedly, according to the Moto and VZW accessory compatibility lists, the DX2 is dimensionally equivalent to the DX. I will let you know tomorrow, unless somebody else can confirm and share that here first!

I hope that's the case, as I have this nice Seidio Innocase Active I plan to re-use on the DX2. I'm just a bit bummed that I just put on this new Zagg InvisibleShield, but no big...

I just stopped by a local Best Buy that has them in stock and took a look at an X2 side by side with the X and EVERY port/plug in or button lines up IDENTICALLY. :rating10:

Getwired

Reaction score
I just stopped by a local Best Buy that has them in stock and took a look at an X2...

Was it a live DX2 or a dummy unit -- I ask because I'm wondering if you can confirm a couple things:

1) Froyo or Gingerbread?
2) Did you figure how to enter bootloader mode since there's no camera button? (I'm guessing Vol Down + Search + Power)

Thanks either way...

RUSirius

Reaction score
I just stopped by a local Best Buy that has them in stock and took a look at an X2...

Was it a live DX2 or a dummy unit -- I ask because I'm wondering if you can confirm a couple things:

1) Froyo or Gingerbread?
2) Did you figure how to enter bootloader mode since there's no camera button? (I'm guessing Vol Down + Search + Power)

Thanks either way...

I looked at a demo unit (asked to see a new in the box one but the wouldn't pull one out). They assured me that all buttons/ports were in an identical location sans the camera button.

I did ask the gal about Gingerbread and she just gave me a Deer in the headlights look...:rolleyes:

Getwired

Reaction score
I have to run to Costco, and they're supposed to carry these. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have a live one there today I can fool around with for a minute. Will post back here later then. :D

Getwired

Reaction score
Well, I didn't get lucky. Costco clowns didn't even have their Droid Charge activated, and guy was telling me it's dual core and a GSM world phone. I guess I'm too nice as simply I smiled, nodded, thanked him for his time and walked away. :icon_eek:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Well, I didn't get lucky. Costco clowns didn't even have their Droid Charge activated, and guy was telling me it's dual core and a GSM world phone. I guess I'm too nice as simply I smiled, nodded, thanked him for his time and walked away. :icon_eek:

Yikes :icon_eek:

Getwired

Reaction score
I think it's stupid that Costco's wireless partner won't let you do out-of-cycle upgrades. As in, I'm not at my upgrade date, and have to pay the retail price anywhere I go. It wasn't like I was going to get it there anyway, but a cheaper-than-"full retail" upgrade option is always welcomed. Oh well.

RUSirius

Reaction score

I just called a local Costco and the guy manning the booth had never HEARD of the DX2...:icon_eek:

bigdad63

Reaction score

1) Froyo or Gingerbread?

Thanks either way...
2.2.2 on mine