Droid X2 Just installed CM9 beta 1 mod and lost my WiFi

Ranger0001

Reaction score
Since I installed the CM9 Beta 1 MOD I haven't been able to get the WiFi working.
I installed the MX2 wifi fix along with the CM9 Mod, thinking this would take care of the WiFi. I cant get it to turn on, it tries but never connects and cant find any wireless networks. Maybe I shouldn't have installed the MX2 wifi fix. Any Ideas?

Thank You in advance.

OP
R

Ranger0001

Reaction score
And the problem was.......

....I should not have used the MX2 wifi patch. That is for the Milestone (or millenium) X2 not the Droid X2. My Bad. I went back to the stock GB 2.3.4 sbf. I am now looking to try the CM10 alpha 2 tonight, wish me luck.

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
;) was just gonna say that. Wifi patch is for Milestone only, but you figured it out. Just be aware that CM10 is great but does have it's issues. Since you are on a gingerbread kernel things like facebook and gmail will force close constantly with no warning. You can use alternative apps for some of the problems. Still worth a look, I ran it for a while, and I loved it.

OP
R

Ranger0001

Reaction score
;) was just gonna say that. Wifi patch is for Milestone only, but you figured it out. Just be aware that CM10 is great but does have it's issues. Since you are on a gingerbread kernel things like facebook and gmail will force close constantly with no warning. You can use alternative apps for some of the problems. Still worth a look, I ran it for a while, and I loved it.
Thanks for the warning, I'm not a big Facebook user but I do link my contacts through facebook. I use gmail regularly however, We'll see how it works for me. Thanks Again,