Droid X2=Fail, DX1 better than DX2?

bighomey103

Reaction score
Okay, I have owned nearly every droid (except LG Revolution and Charge) that has come to Verizon for some time, and I have to admit that I believe the DX2 is the worst of the bunch. After coming from a Droid X1 I have noticed the froyo built from motorola or/and the Tegra 2 setup is a cause of the phone being sluggish with a lag time that is overall frustrating.

Another gimmick motorola tried to fool the public with is the so called, "upgraded qHD screen" or better yet PenTile screen. The screen is a deal breaker, by far this is the worst screen I have seen on an android device, and if this is what I will be getting from a droid bionic, I'm done with Motorola. If motorola wants to save on cost, and give us a preceived bigger resolouion and brighter display that can't display colors correctly that leaves the screen with a grainy image that looks like a upgraded Etch A Sketch i'm done, by by Moto hello nexus prime, hello GS2.

And last I didn't think it was an issue, but where did the camera button go?
Is the DX1 better than the DX2?

Please Sound off in the Comments!!!

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Okay, I have owned nearly every droid (except LG Revolution and Charge) that has come to Verizon for some time, and I have to admit that I believe the DX2 is the worst of the bunch. After coming from a Droid X1 I have noticed the gingerbread built from motorola or/and the Tegra 2 setup is a cause of the phone being sluggish with a lag time that is overall frustrating.

Another gimmick motorola tried to fool the public with is the so called, "upgraded qHD screen" or better yet PenTile screen. The screen is a deal breaker, by far this is the worst screen I have seen on an android device, and if this is what I will be getting from a droid bionic, I'm done with Motorola. If motorola wants to save on cost, and give us a preceived bigger resolouion and brighter display that can't display colors correctly that leaves the screen with a grainy image that looks like a upgraded Etch A Sketch i'm done, by by Moto hello nexus prime, hello GS2.

And last I didn't think it was an issue, but where did the camera button go?
Is the DX1 better than the DX2?

Please Sound of in the Comments!!!

It isn't gingerbread it is froyo. The consensus is there is not enough RAM to leftover after RAM reserved and after the bloat to run basic apps.

Sent from my Droid Bionic

OP
B

bighomey103

Reaction score
I meant to put froyo, i will edit in comments thanks.

leonozug

Reaction score
I think once someone(hopefully)makes a de-bloated and optmized Rom for it, it will be blazing fast. I think it has lots of potential, but no good devs have seemed to want to do anything with it. Too bad, I don't think it's a BAD phone, it's really just a hold-over phone with dual-core until the Bionic comes out. And yes, that screen isn't very good. It's bright, that's about it. I set an X2 up for my friend and compared to my rooted and CM7 running X, it's a lot faster, Youtube videos play so much faster, things just load so much quicker.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I still don't get how people can complain about colors on one device, then praise, say, the droid charge. The charge has the most outrageously oversaturated colors. I'd rather deal with pentile than with the colors in the samsung screens.

nateohio

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal is with the way the x2 displays colors.

Green is still green, red is still red, etc...

J guess I'm the odd ball that doesn't need to have a phone that displays colors perfectly with 1080p clarity in 3D.
its a freaking phone people!

The ability to actually use the phone outdoors is more important to me, and the X2 far surpasses any other phone I've had experience with in that aspect.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
B

bighomey103

Reaction score
Well 2.2 is not utilized to use the second core, this could also be a reason for the slower than expected performance. My dx1 was running liberty and would kill this dx2 in speed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

mygraine

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal is with the way the x2 displays colors.

Green is still green, red is still red, etc...

J guess I'm the odd ball that doesn't need to have a phone that displays colors perfectly with 1080p clarity in 3D.
its a freaking phone people!

The ability to actually use the phone outdoors is more important to me, and the X2 far surpasses any other phone I've had experience with in that aspect.

Sent from my DROID X2

You sir are voicing my opinions exactly. I came off an Inc with the amoled screen and the dx2 screen is far better. Amoled has way saturated colors and is hard to see outside (where I work). The colors are a little washed on dx2 but outside viewability far outweighs photo realistic colors. Yeah my hd tv looks better, but its an effin phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

masters

Reaction score
The V6_Supercharger script really fixes some memory issues with the X2..

Find more info over at XDA Developers thread 1149950 under the X2

Froyo does handle the Dual core (system only), Gingerbread handles it a little better (cache and something else I can't remember)... Apps can only use multi core if programmed to use it.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
nateohio +1
mygraine +1

My stock DX2 is way faster than my stock D1.

The screen on my DX2 is better than my D1. (Plants vs. Zombies looks great)

This is a great phone. Call quality is superb.

dancedroid

OP
B

bighomey103

Reaction score
Yea I have been reading about this for a few days now, maybe I will do this tonight and give it another go around? Thanks

OP
B

bighomey103

Reaction score
I still don't get how people can complain about colors on one device, then praise, say, the droid charge. The charge has the most outrageously oversaturated colors. I'd rather deal with pentile than with the colors in the samsung screens.
So you really think that Moto did a good deal with the screen on the dx2. I guess I must be color blind.... You have been bamboozled

nateohio

Reaction score
So you really think that Moto did a good deal with the screen on the dx2. I guess I must be color blind.... You have been bamboozled

Yes I do! Most screens that are pretty aren't all that functional outside. I'll accept a little pixelation and bland coloring if that means I can actually see the screen when its bright outside.

IMO these complaints about the pentile grid and color are utterly ridiculous! Its a phone, not a HDTV!

Sent from my DROID X2

darkmatter

Reaction score

I work graphic design and photography, the dx2 colors are much better than the charge. Don't get me wrong, the charge is bright and crisp, and massively oversaturated.

masters

Reaction score

I work graphic design and photography, the dx2 colors are much better than the charge. Don't get me wrong, the charge is bright and crisp, and massively oversaturated.

Honestly I think some people like over saturated.. I bet some people see it and think "wow" .. If they were to take their favorite color photos and oversaturate it they'd like it.

But as a phone it should be normal color..