Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by festoooor, Oct 4, 2010.

1. festoooor

festoooor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, I found a droid X yesterday, and it was still activated on the Verizon network. Should I do the right thing and turn it back in or should I attempt to activate it as mine (if this is even possible)? I already restored the phone to its factory settings and now it is prompting me to activate. It is currently sitting without the battery in it. I am open to suggestions.

2. angrymexican

angrymexican New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The right thing to do is to return it to verizon ...nuff said!

Sent from my Droid

3. festoooor

festoooor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im not quite convinced that I want to do the right thing...

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    keep in mind if this thread gets any discussion about how to activate/clear this phone to be able to keep it and use it sucessfully it will be closed immediatly.

For the O/P...do the right thing and return the device, what if it was yours

5. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    If you are into stealing then keep it (finders keepers is not a legal defense).
    The owner will more than likely alert Verizon they lost the phone and the phone will be marked BAD in their systems making it impossible to activate.

Return the phone to Verizon. Wouldn't you have liked if someone found your phone to turn it in instead of "stealing" it?

6. prince1071

prince1071 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SMH.... so you came on a forum to find out if you should keep property that doesnt belong to you.......?

[​IMG]

7. stacks04

stacks04 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am quite convinced your a pos. :icon_evil: Have some decency man. Someone paid for it and it obviously wasnt you.

8. godfish

godfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a great question! I love when stupid people show how stupid they are? "should you return the phone!" well it will keep you from getting arrested when you turn it on. they can track new phones you know, at best you could sell it on ebay? but!! Verizon will never return the phone to its owner they will make the owner buy a new phone.. in something like this everyone gets screwed except bIg RED!..

Just turn it in and you will at lease feel like you did the right thing.

9. festoooor

festoooor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand what all of you are saying... first off the battery is not in it right now which will make it hard to track... and whats the point in returning it if VZ wont give it back to the owner anyways... just seems like a waste of a perfectly good phone...

most likely its going back tonight as I cant afford any trouble

10. trillonometry

trillonometry Member

Ratings:
    +2
    had you not wiped it you couldve easy just called some of the people on his contacts list... I work at a golf course and get lost cell phones turned in weekly... simply call the last person on the call log and tell them you have this phone. It's the right thing to do.

Now that you've wiped it, youre just a jerk. Put it on ebay though, F big Red

11. festoooor

festoooor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    and on another note... if it was mine I would value my bad@$$ phone and not lose it... and if I did I would have an app to find it... personally I have 3 on my droid.

12. ben.keen

ben.keen Member

Ratings:
    +0

Really dude? I really hope you do or have already done the right thing and taken it back to VZW. I know VZW Store in the South Hills Village Malls in Pittsburgh gets phones turned in all the time since the kids' play place is there and yes I was one of those guys. I was sitting there with my BlackBerry and it fell out of the clip and I didn't notice until the VZW called my wife's BlackBerry because they were able to track me down by the IMEI number. It isn't that I didn't value the BlackBerry I had at the time, it is just that it simply fell out of the clip (reason 1 why I now carry my DX in my pocket). I really hope you do that right thing.