Droid X

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by joshmutiny, Jul 18, 2010.

1. joshmutiny

joshmutiny New Member

So, thanks to Assurion being absolutely ****ing awful, and no longer carrying the Droid, I might be getting a Droid X. I'm going to have to get to a Verizon store somehow this week to be sure, so we'll see. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Anyway, on to my question.

Has anyone gotten the Droid X and rooted it? I was running 2.2 stock rom on my droid, and was looooooooooving it before it decided to jump into a toilet. I just don't want to get stuck on a phone I can't root.

Thanks in advance.
  2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

No, the Droid X has not been rooted yet. Did Asurion agree to give you a Droid X?
  3. xtremecanefan

xtremecanefan New Member

Sorry to go off topic but if they really are out of the Droid, what would they give as a replacement?

EDIT: From what I hear the Droid X has been locked down for prevent rooting, but I have faith it will be cracked eventually.
  4. joshmutiny

joshmutiny New Member

So no going back to 2.0/.1 and then rooting and installing roms?

Also, here's what happened.

I dropped my phone in a toilet. Awesome. So, my dad (who is the plan and insurance policy holder) calls them and files a claim. He gives them the wrong address to send the phone to. So, it gets sent back to Asurion.

They say they'll send me another without filing a new claim. Great. However, the phone is on back order. They offer me an Eris. No thanks, I'll wait.

So I wait. No word. We call them yesterday, and they tell me Motorola is no longer making the Droid. I call bull****, and call Motorola. Whaddya know? bull****. I finally get to a supervisor, and the real story is Motorola is no longer filling their orders for Droids. AWESOME! They offer me a Devour, Desire, Eris, or LG Ally (lol, right?). Again, no thank you, I'm not taking a downgrade.

They tell me I can go to a Verizon store, and see if they have a Droid. If they do, have the store manager call them, and they'll buy it, and I'll have a new Droid. if not, SOL.

So, no, Asurion did not promise me a Droid X. I was pushing for that, but they said they don't even have those yet, and it would be an upgrade, which they don't handle.

I'm pretty PO'd about the whole situation. I know it's my fault for dropping it in the toilet, and my dad's fault for the wrong address... but they way they're handling this is absolutely ridiculous. Verizon hasn't done anything wrong, aside having Asurion as their insurance provider.

"Hey, insure your new bad ass phone with Asurion, and 8 months later get a crappier phone if you screw it up, because Asurion is a bunch of asshats!"

Woo.
  5. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Yeah, no root yet. People have been saying you can get an Incredible if you tell them you will not accept an Eris or Devour.
  6. joshmutiny

joshmutiny New Member

Blah. I want to try for the droid x so bad, but if I can't root it... meeeeeeehhhhh. i wouldn't mind an incredible, though, honestly.
  7. CSmith_AndroidD

CSmith_AndroidD New Member

As of yet... yeah. Asurion Sucks, but the X will be cracked, just watch
  8. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

The X has 2.1 OOTB....