Droid X?

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by antisomnic, Apr 4, 2011.

1. antisomnic

antisomnic New Member

Is cyanogenmod compatible with droid x? I couldn't seem to find anything about it but I downloaded Rom Manager and it doesn't show up as a rom i can download. I just traded someone my droid 1 for the droid x and it showed up in rom manager on there. i don't know if there's a problem with the rom manager or if it's just not compatible. If it isn't compatible, can someone recommend a rom that's close to it because I really liked it!
  2. thepolishguy

thepolishguy New Member

Cyanogen is not compatible with the DX. There are no great roms for the DX. I used to have the X and gave it to my wife and went back to the D1.

The DX has a locked bootloader. There were a couple of good devs for the X -but I think one now has the T-mo Samsung Nexus S and the other two just got the Thunderbolt. Drod2169, Kejar31, and Fabolous.

I think the most popular rom for the X is the Liberty Rom. I never flashed it while I had my X. But if you look at the stats (i.e. Viewing=175, the amount of people looking at the thread) it still indicates that Liberty is probably the most popular.

I really liked Drod2169 rom.

So with the DX having a locked bootloader - none of the great roms are going to get ported to it (although CVPCS is working on CM7 for Dx but has been for a long time).

####EDIT#### oh - and to answer your question - there is nothing close to CM7 for the Dx. Sorry.

Anyways - hope that helps
  3. mightybrick

mightybrick New Member

CM for the DX is in progress. CVPCS is the current maintainer for the D1, and he is also working on getting CM up and running on the DX. The best place to follow his progress is on twitter, @cvpcs.
  4. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Yup, we will get cm eventually when cvcps is done with it.
  5. lotus22

lotus22 New Member

I know the Droid X has a locked bootloader but I thought that was bypassed somehow. I've looked all over but does this mean every time I reboot I will need to flash a ROM ?
  6. thepolishguy

thepolishguy New Member

You dont have to flash the rom every time you reboot. You can still flash roms -the process is just a little different.

You can't flash a custom kernal. you can overclock using the Milestone overclock project or jrummies overclock application -but there are no custom kernels.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk