Droid X Z4Root Frozen, Need Help

blainedepue

Reaction score
At first it started witht the blue screen.... then simply went away after about 20 mins.... then I restarted the phone and clicked the root button again... now its sitting there spinning and saying Attempting to apply root.... how long should this be doing this? should I just sit and wait?

ccollins

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me

Maybe you already got your droid rooted but I'll post this for anyone else still trying.

I was also using z4mod and stuck on "running exploit in order to obtain root access...". I just let my phone sit there for like 15minutes and then the z4mod app displayed "rebooting". At this point my phone immediately rebooted. After loading back up I ran the z4mod app to see if it was rooted and it showed a pop up asking for permissions to allow "SuperUser" access. I hit "allow" then it was rooted. :)

I'm running the DROIDX v2.2.1

Reaction score
Nobody should be using z4 root anymore. The old way of sbfing back to .340, z4rooting and then updating to GB with the 2 files is officially obsolete as of August 25th. There is a new exploit that roots the official OTA .602 and the OTA for basically any Motorola phone. You will have to SBF just to completely wipe out any traces of a previous root but then you OTA it to .602 and run the oneclick root.

xxPVP_LEGENDSxx

Reaction score
z4root problems

Just exit and reboot, you're fine. Wouldn't be surprised if you are rooted w/ superuser intact when you get booted up.

Btw, make sure you have version 1.3 or later. Nothing else works.

Hello the same thing happens to me with my droid bionic 1.4.2 but it froze at the "aquriring root shell" what do you suggest also it force closes please help. -first time rooter

xxPVP_LEGENDSxx

Reaction score
Just exit and reboot, you're fine. Wouldn't be surprised if you are rooted w/ superuser intact when you get booted up.

Btw, make sure you have version 1.3 or later. Nothing else works.

the same thing happens to me freezes at the acquiring root shells screen it also force closes what do you suggest I do thank you

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hello the same thing happens to me with my droid bionic 1.4.2 but it froze at the "aquriring root shell" what do you suggest also it force closes please help. -first time rooter

Z4 will not work on the Bionic. There's a root method here that should have you rooted in 5 minutes or less though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

xxPVP_LEGENDSxx

Reaction score
Z4 will not work on the Bionic. There's a root method here that should have you rooted in 5 minutes or less though.

But I got it to work once it rebooted and I was impatient because it was rebooting for 15 min so I did a battery pull and it never worked again •tried about 30 times since then•

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
But I got it to work once it rebooted and I was impatient because it was rebooting for 15 min so I did a battery pull and it never worked again •tried about 30 times since then•

The link I posted is just as easy as Z4...and it works! ;)