Droid X Z4Root Frozen, Need Help

Redjak

Reaction score
I searched the posts and nothing is quite similar to what my problem is, so I'm going to post my own thread.

I decided today to root my Droid X Running 2.2. I downloaded the Z4Mod from this post http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/110658-how-root-droid-x-worked-me.html and put it on my SD Card. I left my DX plugged into my computer but put it into "Charge Only" mode so that I could mount my SD on the Droid. Debugging IS enabled. I ran Z4Root and chose permanent, and the screen turned to the underwater looking scene with the Z4 Mod at the top, and a loading circle in the middle. But the loading circle stopped spinning after a couple minutes and it's stuck on "Running exploit in order to obtain root access..." at the bottom. I haven't tried restarting my phone for fear something will go wrong, so I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they fixed it.

donballz

Reaction score
Just exit and reboot, you're fine. Wouldn't be surprised if you are rooted w/ superuser intact when you get booted up.

Btw, make sure you have version 1.3 or later. Nothing else works.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
When the Z4root first came out, I used it to root my original Droid. I had problems with the download link, so I had to use the market version of z4root. If it us still availabler, try that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also: I had to try a few times. Got the superuser icon, but no "root" apps worked! Finally got it working for a few weeks. Phone updated itself (!?!) and I had to re-rooted using Sprecovery method..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
R

Redjak

Reaction score
Alright I rebooted, and as far as I can tell I'm rooted, because I've gotten verifications for "Superuser" rights...and Titanium Backup and ROM Manager have been working for me :p Thanks guys! Sorry for freakin' out xD My Droid is new as of Christmas so naturally I'm still a little safety-conscious about it :p But I've done my research and I think rooting was the way for me to go :) Thanks again!

AngelOfAnger

Reaction score
In case anybody is having problems getting z4 to work, I finally found a solution to my problem.

I was originally rooted, but then I removed it so I could do the firmware update. After the update z4 would just hang and not let me root my phone. Recently I rebooted into recovery (I think thats what its called) and wiped the cache partition. After doing so I ran z4 and it rooted my phone almost instantly with no problems. Hope this helps. :)

mjw_02

Reaction score
I just received a Verizon Droid X today and it will not root. I installed z4mod and it just sits at the screen and says "running exploit in order to obtain root access". I will sit there for 15 minutes, I reboot and it does the same. I cleared the cache and it is debug mode, and it still does the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

rfranken

Reaction score
i find that whenever needing to z4root......always do so after a phone reboot.
goes much quicker and usually doesn't hang.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you using v1.3.0?

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Where did you dl'd it from? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing it?

DroidForums Junkie!!

mjw_02

Reaction score
That did it. I downloaded from a different site and reinstalled and it worked. Thanks for the help.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem. Glad you got it working :)

That did it. I downloaded from a different site and reinstalled and it worked. Thanks for the help.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Argus

Reaction score
i find that whenever needing to z4root......always do so after a phone reboot.
goes much quicker and usually doesn't hang.

I've been running into the same problem on my Droid 2 Global. Rebooting as mentioned above worked for me.