Droid X + Xbox Live

blackhawx433

Reaction score
This has proubly been discussed already but can't find a link to the discussion. I rooted my droid x recently and now I want to use it to play xbox live off of. Just wondering what else I.need to do.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
This has proubly been discussed already but can't find a link to the discussion. I rooted my droid x recently and now I want to use it to play xbox live off of. Just wondering what else I.need to do.

It has been discussed that you shouldnt be using your phone to tether to xbox live ps3 online etc because now vzw is blocking this feature in the upcoming gingerbread update because someone decided to use a ridicoulous amount of data using tether.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

OP
blackhawx433

blackhawx433

Reaction score
Oh ok didn't know. Was under the pretense that with the rooting ability that you were operating inside the.operating ability of Verizon. I see where your coming from, just saw it mentioned but not investigated fully. Thank you for the.pre warning.

barski

Reaction score
I used to play xbox live off my droid x, that was a few months ago when our isp was having technical difficulties. The amount of data it used was surprisingly low, in fact there was more upload used than download. Neither exceeded 50mb. But i cant remember how long i played, but i know i was playing black ops.

I also think the tethering for free days are coming to an end. I have stopped tethering because i don't want the surprise when i look at my bill.