1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X worth it?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Cdjones187, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

Was just wondering if it would be worth it to exchange/upgrade my Droid to the Droid X. I have till August 6th to decide. Pros/Cons. Have only had my Droid for 2 weeks but I love it. Hoping the Droid X will be like the droid (rootable/roms/kernels etc) but dont want to switch phones unless it will be.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. Eschy

Eschy New Member

in my honest opinion im going to say the x is not worth it. Simply because we are months away from seeing 4g phones and 2ghz phones from moto. So for now i have to say no even though i really want one.
  3. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

So wait on the Droid 2 is what your saying? =D I looked at the X the other day and only problem I have with it is the size. They say bigger is better but that thing is huge! 4.3 inch screen is a little big when using it as a phone.
  4. Polymira

Polymira New Member

Droid 2 is going to have locked bootloader, and won't have a faster cpu then the x/incredible.

There won't be LTE phones on verizon this year, only data cards. Get the X man.

Sent from my Droid
  5. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

Didnt they say the same with the X? I heard Droid 2 was gonna have 2Ghz cpu and 512mb ram. IF thats true there would be no need to OC.

Ill have to research the X more. My droid is already faster than all of the above. Im a proof of concept kind of person. I like being able to customize my phone all the way down to the kernel and reading on the X it isnt even stable with a 100Mhz overclock (in the pc work that is nothing). Guess we'll see, ill look around for a few more days before I decide.

Any other reason I should choose the X over the original besides its new and pretty looking?
  6. Eschy

Eschy New Member

I would hold out until the end of the year if you can because motorolas next big release after the droid 2 is going to completely destroy all the phones preceding it. Moto has stated they will have a 2 ghz phone by the end of the year and im assuming it will be a dual core with possibly 1gig of ram. So you can buy the x or the droid 2 now but in a few months those specs will be doubled. Thats all just consider it
  7. Eschy

Eschy New Member

The droid pro is supposed to have a 2ghz processor with 1 gig of ram according to a leak that was posted on here a couple days ago. thats what im waiting for. The droid 2 is the exact same specs as the x but with a 5mp camera instead of an 8, a qwerty keyboard, and a smaller screen.
  8. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 New Member

Interesting, cant imagine 2ghz cpu and 1gb ram in a phone. Guess ill probably just end up waiting. Another question, aren't they discontinuing the Droid? If so, what happens when mine breaks 6 months from now and I'm on a 2 year contract? Will they give me a newer phone or you think they will send another Droid?
  9. Eschy

Eschy New Member

10. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Well i don't plan to upgrade anytime soon only because i've put so much work into my phone i think I've bonded with it and possibly become attached to it ha. I just wouldn't want to have do all that work again to get my phone just slightly faster with a droid x. Besides 1.25 ghz is plenty fast for me so i'm gonna wait until something really nice comes out possibly the droid pro.
  11. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Let's break this down: Needs and wants.

You want a better nicer shiner phone that does more than what you have when you make a change.

What you need is something I can't tell you.

The X is not going to be as customizable as the Droid you have right now, and IMO would be a waste of an upgrade for anyone to make, the same goes for the D2.

Now, waiting is hard ... but if you are going to use an upgrade, you really want to get something out of it, and awaiting the new network and those phones is something that will satisfy both needs and wants.

That said, we have no confirmation of the 2Ghz vaporware phone from moto running LTE just yet, only one announcement, nothing ran by the FCC (which is typically the 1st indicator of a new handset coming out).

I'm not saying it isn't coming, just that we all know how it can go, right now the expectation is by EOY, but that can change.

Either way, if VZW does get the network together, which seems on track, then those phones should be out and we'll see more info come out in the next few months.

I say wait, and use that upgrade wisely.

Just because the X and D2 are out doesn't make your D1 (or mine for that matter) any slower or less capable than it was when we got it.

Lastly, think of it this way: Sure, VZW will happliy take your upgrade $$$$ and lock you in for another 2yrs, but what will YOU be getting BACK for that outlay?

Put that way I can't see a follow up for upgrading the D1 to a D2 or X.

(I haven't even gone to the store to play with an X, because then I'll fall prey to what they hope will happen: emotion, refer to my second sentance of the post).

Don't fall for it. Makle your upgrade pay for you, not them.
Search tags for this page

how much is a droid x worth today 6/2013?

how much is my droid x worth