Droid X won't receive texts nor make phone calls...

Foreverrr

Reaction score
I've had my droid x for a few months now, and this is the first time this has happend to me. My droid x can send text messages, but won't receive them. It also is unable to make phone calls nor receive them.

can somebody tell me what the problem is?

thank you

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Did you recently install any apps? What kind of error are you getting when you try to call?

I've only downloaded well known apps, and the phone call just never connects and says error connecting and then asks if i would like to retry.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. What kind of signal strength do you have right now? Have you updated your PRL recently? Are you rooted? Have you rebooted since this issue started?

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Okay. What kind of signal strength do you have right now? Have you updated your PRL recently? Are you rooted? Have you rebooted since this issue started?

My signal is great, full bars. I'm not sure what PRL is, i'm not rooted, and i've tried rebooting and tried doing a battery pull.

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Actually i just found an app that i have downloaded by Android Does called Fancy Widget, i can't remember when i downloaded it, and i can't uninstall it for some reason...how can i remove an application without it being in the market? that's where i downloaded it from.

harrellj

Reaction score
Go to settings > applications > manage applications and find Fancy Widgets in the list. Click it and there should be an uninstall button available.

The PRL is related to roaming capabilities and your phone knowing which towers are available to connect to. To update them, dial *228, option 2. However, if your phone won't dial out, that may not work.

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Go to settings > applications > manage applications and find Fancy Widgets in the list. Click it and there should be an uninstall button available.

The PRL is related to roaming capabilities and your phone knowing which towers are available to connect to. To update them, dial *228, option 2. However, if your phone won't dial out, that may not work.

I uninstalled fancy widgits, and it won't allow me to call *228, nothing happens when i call it and then it says programming unsuccessful

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
At this point I'd suggest doing a factory reset, and if that doesn't work taking it into Verizon and asking them to fix/replace it.

With no signal you can't download an app to back your stuff up, though, like texts and stuff. Your contacts should be synced with Google if you didn't turn that off, though.

dhwes

Reaction score
I work with cell phone providers. This is an issue for VZW to fix or replace.