Droid X won't connect to wifi

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by galaxy80, Aug 20, 2011.

1. galaxy80

galaxy80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For the past few nightlies I've flashed, my wifi will not connect anymore.it just keeps trying to acquire the IP address, but just won't connect. Anyone have this issue and know how to fix it? Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

2. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you understand the concept behind nightlies lol? Restore a working backup and provide a bug report to the developer of your nightly. Be sure to include detailed steps to reproduce the problem to the developer.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

3. galaxy80

galaxy80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm nit really sure exactly wgen it started. Maybe a week or two ago. After I flashed the latest build I cleared my cache and did a wipe hoping it would fix the problem, but it didn't. I wish I knew how to report a bug for CM7. I've looked all over, but couldn't find anything..

4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    First thing I would do is reboot the router if you have the option. Sometimes if the router has been up for a while, it can get a little screwy.

I am not familiar with CM7 on the DX, but on the OG Droid there have been all sorts of problems with wifi and gingerbread that have hit various people (not necessarily just this ROM).

One of the solutions I have seen floating around that worked for some folks was forgetting the networks, then re-adding them. When I had my issues with wifi, I didn't try this, but I have seen folks try it and say they had success. Maybe it will work for you and your device.

What I ended up doing was doing a clean install, wiping everything and installing one of the new nightlies. Probably an extreme solution to the problem, but it worked for me hehe

5. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Silver Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I've had the same problem with the last several nightlies..I'm gonna flash again and wipe everything..even though I tried before to no avail...lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

6. galaxy80

galaxy80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, but I've tried on several routers, including at Mc Donalds and Starbucks with no luck. I can connect fibe with my laptop at my house abd my gf's house with no problem. I just did a cache and data wipe and reinstalled everything. I wrote this post after I did that, which is why I'm stuck where I'm at and came on here. I tried to Google my question, but didn't have any luck..

7. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    That is odd on both of your accounts. I am not very familiar with either of your devices though, so maybe there is a problem with the D2(D2G) and DX with CM7. There are numerous posts throughout multiple gingerbread ROM subsections here (Cyanogen and ChevyNo1 for sure on OG Droid). It is rare for it to happen, but it does happen, I have had it personally happen to me once. But since I don't know much about your phones, I would recommend you try looking around where more people have your device + CM7.

Another couple stabs in the dark here though:

Are you by chance using something to restore data, like Titanium backup after a wipe/install? This sometimes causes problems, although I would think the problem would be immediate after installing the ROM then restoring the data. Not intermittent, or a delayed problem.

Another extreme possibility that could solve the problem, would be to flash an .sbf and re-root/re-ROM. I have seen that as a solution before too for the OG Droid, but that one didn't make sense to me. But if all else fails....

Search tags for this page
doid x wont connect to wifi
droid x will not connect to wifi
droid x won't connect to wifi

droid x wont connect to wifi

my droid x won't connect to wifi
my droid x wont connect to wifi
why moto x will not connect to wifi anymore
why wont my droid x connect to wifi
why wont my droid x wifi connect
wifi wont connect on droid x