Droid X with red eye and nothing else...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Folks, I am posting this PM below from Perez, let's see if ya'll can give this guy a leg up!!

Thanks. :biggrin:
PEREZ said:
FoxKat said:
PEREZ said:
I have a droid x it froze on me and i took the battery out and it never started bck up it stays froze on the red droid eye.. do you have any idea what i could do

FoxKat said:
Troubleshooting would be first to see if you can get it into Safe mode by first removing the battery and leaving it out for 2 minutes. Then reinsert the battery, press and hold the Menu button, then press and release the power button while continuing to hold the Menu button. Eventually it should boot into the main screen but will be in Safe mode. Check to see what applications you may have installed that could be causing a conflict. Start by uninstalling the most recent installed.

If you're unable to get into Safe mode, then I've seen that this is typically requiring a factory data reset. See http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X...-what-why-and-how-for-Gingerbread/td-p/544836

Instructions below:

this will wipe device and restore device to the same state that you bought the device new.. If you have data on your SD Card that you want to prserve, remove it & copy the data afterwards, THEN reformat it before loading any APPS.

Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)

1. Power the device off.

Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
If the device isn't responding to input, remove / replace the battery
2. Press and hold the Home key then power the device on.

Press the Power button while holding Home.

3. From the Android Recovery screen, press Volume Up / Down simultaneously.

4. Select wipe data / factory reset then press the Power button.

5. Select Yes -- delete all user data then press the Power button.
Reset process to may take approximately 1 minute.

6. Ensure reboot system now is selected then press the Power button.

Good luck!:biggrin:

FoxKat said:
I tried doing both of these but it does nothing it only vibrates but doesnt change anything the eye is still up

OK, then the only option I know of is to flash the current ROM again. I am going to post your initial inquiry into our Droid X support forum and then call out a few techies who can further troubleshoot for you and ultimately can walk you through the process of flashing.

I'll post a link to the forum thread for you in a PM once done.

clueless77

Reaction score
Seems to have somehow gotten softbricked, without knowing all the particulars of his device it will be hard to help. Is it on .602 .605 .621 so on and so forth, also was it rooted and ROMed?

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks, clueless77 for the starting information request. Hopefully he will come to this thread and start communicating. I've PM'd him with the thread link.

I appreciate you jumping in to lend a hand! :hail:

clueless77

Reaction score
I will do what I can, but hopefully some of the other Droid X'ers will jump in, there are some that are more up on the new techniques for our device.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's great. Hey, we all do what we can. Nobody is expecting anything, so whatever anyone can do is all that anyone can hope for. Thanks again and let's see if he comes back. :biggrin:

PEREZ

Reaction score
Thank you guys for trying to help. I really appreciate it . Well first of all idk what alll them 60 numbers are and this phone was stock nothing had ever been done to it. my friend sold it to me about 6 or 7 months ago and before he gave it to me it was factory reset. one day i was home i turned on my wifi and the phone just froze so i took the battery out and when i turned it back on it never went past the red eye.

PEREZ

Reaction score
Can't afford to get a new phone right now govt is taking too much money out my paycheck!:mad:

PEREZ

Reaction score
When I click on them it starts a download on my laptop

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hang on i will check it out

PEREZ

Reaction score
im there and I click on the links and i downloaded them but i cant open them up on my laptop and it gives a bunch of folders