Droid x with extended battery.

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
So i have had my droid x for a few weeks. The battery was surprisingly not to bad. HOwever i upgraded and bought a 1880 mAh battery. I installed it last night when i got home from work ( around 5). It had like 40 percent on it so i ran it down and then charged it last night.

So, today was the first real full day for me to test it against the stock battery. Well, it drained alot quicker than my stock battery. I was thinking that maybe i need to give it a few days for the battery to build itself up or something. So i guess im just wondering if anybody else out there with an extended battery experienced this at first when you got an extended battery?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
So i have had my droid x for a few weeks. The battery was surprisingly not to bad. HOwever i upgraded and bought a 1880 mAh battery. I installed it last night when i got home from work ( around 5). It had like 40 percent on it so i ran it down and then charged it last night.

So, today was the first real full day for me to test it against the stock battery. Well, it drained alot quicker than my stock battery. I was thinking that maybe i need to give it a few days for the battery to build itself up or something. So i guess im just wondering if anybody else out there with an extended battery experienced this at first when you got an extended battery?
Did you reset the Battery Stats when you swapped the batteries? If not, then the extended battery is most likely not dead...but the phone is just reading what should be the battery stats of the previous, smaller capacity battery...

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score

Did you reset the Battery Stats when you swapped the batteries? If not, then the extended battery is most likely not dead...but the phone is just reading what should be the battery stats of the previous, smaller capacity battery...
and how do i go about resetting the battery stats?

jman2k7live

Reaction score
Did you root your phone? If you didn't I don't think you can reset the battery stats.

if you are rooted its very simple. i use the battery calibration app which will reset the battery stats for you.

pyrotiger

Reaction score
Currently there is no app to root the gingerbread version as far as I know. Wait it out or try to root at the most basic level, which is by kerneling

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

phalstead

Reaction score
Best advice I can give you is reboot to recovery, do a backup of your current gingerbread setup, sbf yourself back to Froyo, reroot, re-bootstrap, go back into recovery and flash the multi-zip prerooted gingerbread, and do an advance restore to get all your data back.

phalstead

Reaction score
Best advice I can give you is reboot to recovery, do a backup of your current gingerbread setup, sbf yourself back to Froyo, reroot, re-bootstrap, go back into recovery and flash the multi-zip prerooted gingerbread, and do an advance restore to get all your data back.

Sorry, I goofed that up. I'll slow down.

Step 1. Get RSD Lite (through one of the many threads on here, probably in a sticky somewhere but I can't look and reply @ the same time)

Step 2. Get the correct SBF file to get yourself back to 2.3.340.

Step 3. Find the thread for the zip files for a pre-rooted copy of gingerbread.

- you may also want to see if you can get z4 root and d2 bootstrapper apk files while you're getting all your ducks in a line.

Step 4. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery and do a backup of your current Gingerbread setup. (If you don't want to start from scratch. I usually start with a clean slate. Your choice.)

Step 5. When the backup is done, go into restore and make sure the file is there. Its easier to make sure it backed up than to go to restore it later and have it nowhere to be found. Once that's done, see step 6.

Step 6. Make sure you've got all your files ready. Reboot the phone into the bootloader. This is done by holding VOL DOWN and clicking the camera button in and holding it while pressing the power button. You'll know its in the bootloader if it says SW Update in white text over a black background.

Step 7. Connect device to PC via USB. Open RSD Lite as Administrator. If you do not run as Administrator and you're on Win Vista or Win7 you'll have issues with getting the device to show up. Once your device is shown in the list at the bottom, hit the button with '...' on it and navigate to your SBF file. Open the SBF file and hit start. Let the phone sit. Do not interrupt it until RSD Lite is completely finished. If you try to mess with it and it interrupts the installation, you could brick your phone and we'll be in another situation entirely. Once its completely finished and you see the M boot logo, usually it'll boot loop. If it does, do a battery pull to fix it.

Step 8. Boot into Froyo on your phone. Reroot with z4. Make sure you do permanent root. Phone will reboot again. Go into your settings and turn on USB debugging. Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. Get your pre-rooted Gingerbread zip files on your SD card. It'll help you figure out which one is which by making the filenames shorter. Recovery cuts them off before the end. Install d2 bootstrapper and bootstrap recovery. Reboot into Recovery.

Step 9. Once in recovery, navigate to the option to install zip from SD card. On the next prompt hit choose zip to install. Do the zip files in order. Do not reboot between them.

Step 10. Once all zips are installed, go back to the main menu in recovery and wipe data and cache. Reboot the phone.

Step 11. If all went well, when your phone is finished booting you should be on a rooted copy of the OTA Gingerbread release. If you're rooted and everything is Kosher, you can reboot into recovery and you should be able to advance restore data and get most of your stuff back.

If I forgot anything, someone please let me know. I'm doing this off of memory and on my phone. Best of luck to ya.

rosso

Reaction score

Step 1. Get RSD Lite (through one of the many threads on here, probably in a sticky somewhere but I can't look and reply @ the same time)

- you may also want to see if you can get z4 root and d2 bootstrapper apk files while you're getting all your ducks in a line.

Step 4. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery and do a backup of your current Gingerbread setup. (If you don't want to start from scratch. I usually start with a clean slate. Your choice.)

Step 5. When the backup is done, go into restore and make sure the file is there. Its easier to make sure it backed up than to go to restore it later and have it nowhere to be found. Once that's done, see step 6.

Step 6. Make sure you've got all your files ready. Reboot the phone into the bootloader. This is done by holding VOL DOWN and clicking the camera button in and holding it while pressing the power button. You'll know its in the bootloader if it says SW Update in white text over a black background.

Step 7. Connect device to PC via USB. Open RSD Lite as Administrator. If you do not run as Administrator and you're on Win Vista or Win7 you'll have issues with getting the device to show up. Once your device is shown in the list at the bottom, hit the button with '...' on it and navigate to your SBF file. Open the SBF file and hit start. Let the phone sit. Do not interrupt it until RSD Lite is completely finished. If you try to mess with it and it interrupts the installation, you could brick your phone and we'll be in another situation entirely. Once its completely finished and you see the M boot logo, usually it'll boot loop. If it does, do a battery pull to fix it.

Step 8. Boot into Froyo on your phone. Reroot with z4. Make sure you do permanent root. Phone will reboot again. Go into your settings and turn on USB debugging. Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. Get your pre-rooted Gingerbread zip files on your SD card. It'll help you figure out which one is which by making the filenames shorter. Recovery cuts them off before the end. Install d2 bootstrapper and bootstrap recovery. Reboot into Recovery.

Step 9. Once in recovery, navigate to the option to install zip from SD card. On the next prompt hit choose zip to install. Do the zip files in order. Do not reboot between them.

Step 10. Once all zips are installed, go back to the main menu in recovery and wipe data and cache. Reboot the phone.

Step 11. If all went well, when your phone is finished booting you should be on a rooted copy of the OTA Gingerbread release. If you're rooted and everything is Kosher, you can reboot into recovery and you should be able to advance restore data and get most of your stuff back.

If I forgot anything, someone please let me know. I'm doing this off of memory and on my phone. Best of luck to ya.

Great set of directions. Just after I decided to go ahead and root my DX I took the OTA to Gingerbread not fully realizing that it can't be rooted once the OTA is installed. So I will SBF back and then install pre rooted GB
If I understand everything that I have read clockwork recovery only works on a rooted phone so there is actually no way to backup a stock OTA install correct? I booted into recovery on my DX and there is no back up option.
So I would skip steps 5 and 6 yes

thanks

Ross

phalstead

Reaction score

Great set of directions. Just after I decided to go ahead and root my DX I took the OTA to Gingerbread not fully realizing that it can't be rooted once the OTA is installed. So I will SBF back and then install pre rooted GB
If I understand everything that I have read clockwork recovery only works on a rooted phone so there is actually no way to backup a stock OTA install correct? I booted into recovery on my DX and there is no back up option.
So I would skip steps 5 and 6 yes

thanks

Ross

I don't play with the stock recovery much, but if you go into it, have a look around and see if you can find a backup option somewhere.