droid x wifi won't connect, not on verizon service?

65cobra

Reaction score
I retired my droid x as my phone but I want to use it as a tablet and use tango or google voice over wifi. I did a factory reset, than called verizon to activate it and deactivate it to get past the activate screen. but when I go to connect to wifi it sees the network, I enter the password but the connect button is greyed out. Is this verizons way of not letting me do this? if so how do I bypass it?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
To bypass activation screen you do not need to call Verizon... simple touch the 4 corners of the screen starting with the top left and going clockwise around once... I'm not sure why you can't connect to WiFi again. Do another factory reset maybe and bypass the way I suggested. Hold off on that though, others may come in and tell you how to get wifi as is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP

65cobra

Reaction score
I did the reset by 4 corners and still the same problem

OP

65cobra

Reaction score
PEBCAP error. Verizon has nothing to do with it.

Great, what am I doing wrong? why is the connect button greyed out? the cancel button is black and I can select it, but obviously that does me no good.

While I am not the most proficient user, I have connected to wifi many times without problems.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Great, what am I doing wrong? why is the connect button greyed out? the cancel button is black and I can select it, but obviously that does me no good.

While I am not the most proficient user, I have connected to wifi many times without problems.

I don't know what you are doing wrong but I know Verizon isn't stopping you from using wifi.

OP

65cobra

Reaction score
I don't know what you are doing wrong but I know Verizon isn't stopping you from using wifi.

I didn't do anything diffrent but it worked today....Now if i could just get google voice to work.... it texts fine and tango works but any time I try to make a call it goes through verizon which it isn't connected too and when you call it it goes to the forwarded phone maybe it will work tomorrow lol