Droid X wifi getting one bar

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
For past few days, I've only been getting one bar of wifi signal even if I stand next to the router. I've tried other wifi connections outside of my house but they only get one bar as well so I'm guessing it's not my router's fault. I was on liberty 3 v2.0 and I couldn't figure out anything so I sbfed to .605 and the problem still persists. I've tried downloadnig wifi fixer and fxr wifi fix but still didn't solve the problem. Should I even bother contacting verizon for replacement? If so, what should I do before so I don't get blamed for rooting my phone?

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I had a consistently weak Wifi connection, often too weak to connect unless I was within a few feet of the router. It turned out that the used phone that I bought had the extended battery installed with the standard battery cover (probably causing internal pressure on something). Using the proper cover with the battery fixed the problem.

OP
D

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
Although my battery is not extended, it seems to have same problem. (maybe increase in battery volume from use over the years?) When I lightly pull out the battery (not completely), I get good signal but when I press it all the way in and put battery cover, it loses the signal. I guess I will have to use replacement battery if I'm using wifi...