1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X Wifi connects but can't browse or download anything

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by derjuden, Jul 22, 2012.

1. derjuden

derjuden New Member

Hello Everyone, I've had this issue for a while, but I finally started working on it.

Problem: I can connect to any wifi router just fine, get an IP, but as soon as I try to browse or connect to the market, it doesn't download the page or the market info. It doesn't matter what security settings are used, I have tested on open networks, WPA, AES encryption etc. nothing works. I have tried routers at starbucks, mcdonalds, work, and home none work.

Things I have tired:
    First my phone was at firmware 2.3.3 and rooted, today I started trying to put cyanogen 7.2 on it. In the process I downgraded to 2.3.340 computerly factory reset and reactivated and that still didn't work. Got Cyanogen 7.2 up and working and that isn't working either.

My 3G works fine, but I use an account with only 100mb so if I want to download anything I'm kinda stuck.

I'm am starting to think this is a hardware problem and the wifi controller in my phone is ****ed, but I wanted to see if anyone else had fixed this problem.
Search tags for this page
can't use droid x on wi-fi
cannot browse on wifi after connected in android phone
cant use droid x with wi-fi
connected wifi but cannot browse on my android phone
droid x can download anything

droid x connect to wifi but not working

droid x connected to wifi but not working
droid x have wifi but internet willnot load

droid x wifi connected but not working

droid x wifi problem
droid x wifi says connected but not working