Droid X wall charger malfunctions

awaters

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with their wall chargers? 99% of the time, it won't work. Phone charges just fine when plugged into the car charger, so it has to be the wall charger.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Have yet to try my wall charger had an issue with phone charging in dock when phone was put into dark mode?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with their wall chargers? 99% of the time, it won't work. Phone charges just fine when plugged into the car charger, so it has to be the wall charger.

If it's charging fine when it's in the charger then take it to Verizon and get another charger. They will be more then happy to assist you.

karmajay

Reaction score
My wall charger works fine, I read someone else had a wall charger issue as well, I would take it back.

sfr3d

Reaction score
Mine has recently (within the past month) started messing up as well. Initially, I had to lay my phone face down and it would charge fine. But within the past couple of days it has been extremely temperamental. I charge it at night and when I wake up, it will state a 5% hold in battery. I tried using my husband's charger, and his is doing the same thing (we bought our phones the same day). I don't have any problems when I use the car charger. I will be going to Verizon later today to get a new charger....

mcfizzled

Reaction score
I have the same issue as well. My only solution at this time is unplugging the charger from the outlet then connecting the phone the the charger, then pluging te charger into an outlet. Has worked every time for me. Pretty lame if you ask me. Also another user claims that inserting the charger quickly works as well.

Sent from my DROIDX

amgine27

Reaction score
mine is working fine, though i think that battery should last longer

tomah

Reaction score
i have the same problem most of you are experiencing. my quick fix is to plug in the cable fast. make sure you line it up right first. do not baby the plug into the droidx and plug it in slowly. you must plug it in moderately quick.

2sls

Reaction score
I just picked up the Droid X yesterday, so far I don't have any problems with the wall charger, however if I plug the phone via the cable into my computer, it never charges. I know the power draw from the computer is lower than the outlet, but never is charging expected?

I also can't seem to get get it to charge using the same usb cable to an usb cig adapter in my car.

Is the least hassle way to call Verizon and they ship a replacement or do I walk into the corporate store?

BigHG

Reaction score
I also can't seem to get get it to charge using the same usb cable to an usb cig adapter in my car.

You need the drivers from Motorola. Hit their website and download them. Then you should be able to charge from your usb (depending on your OS)

shamus

Reaction score
I'm having the opposite problem. My house charger works fine but both car chargers I have (one cheapo Motorola brand Amazon $3.00 charger and one VZW charger) seem to be very finicky.
I took it to VZW and of course they said I needed to buy a new charger. Apparently both of my car chargers went bad when I got my X:-/