Droid X vs X2

cece5702

Reaction score
Is there much difference in the performance of the two phones really?

Sent from my DROIDX

leftspin

Reaction score
Is there much difference in the performance of the two phones really?

Sent from my DROIDX

not really, I tried an X2 at the Verizon store and it's pretty much the same. Definitely not worth it to buy an X2 at this point anyway since there are much nicer phones on the horizon

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The X2 is dual core which will handle multiple tasks better but the screen is lower quality on it too. Keep the X and wait for a better 4G phone.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice and input :)

Sent from my DROIDX

leftspin

Reaction score
X2 just seems like a gimmick to me.

I think the X2 was more of an obligation than anything else, VZW and Moto probably signed a contract that they had to make an X and X2 but there are more hyped up phones that are also much better phones, the X2's only changes are a dual core processor and a lower quality screen

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree, had VZW wanted a true successor to the X, it would have required it to be 4G LTE

chiruscan

Reaction score
Well technically the screen has like 20% more pixels right? But its pentile so you can actually see the tiles of the screen up close AFAIK.

And yeah the only difference is a more powerful processor, it still has only 512 MB of RAM correct?

And they did away with the camera button which isnt a big deal to some people but still. Its not a real successor, its s gimmick. A real successor would have been 4G with a front facing cam, a gig of RAM, and a bigger screen.