Droid X vs HD7

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
droidxhd7.JPG

This comparison is not really a comparison as much as the question of what looks better. This small battle is done by AndroidCentral, who apparently was at the Windows Phone 7 launch event that Microsoft spoke about the lack of Copy and Paste as something not relevant. The comparison also brings the Evo4G into the battle and let me sum it up for you... HD7 wins that one for looks.

I am posting this to see what you guys think of these new line of phones. I have a picture that I will attach below of what last years top devices for each OS (except iPhone) looked like, and compare them to these years. The technology has advanced at a pretty great speed, and I am personally enjoying the changes that comes into the market and how it effects our Droids.

What do you think of all these things? I personally cannot hate what Microsoft is cooking until I try it in November, but for now... I want to know what you think of it.

11832_240177704656_562089656_4232630_4908597_n.jpg

Checkout the picture collection

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I was watching them demo the phone and stuff and I wasn't too impressed with it. I'm sure there are other sites with the video but this is where I watch it at

Taking Pictures, Watching Movies, Typing and Playing Games on Windows Phone 7

The live menu stuff with the constant updates just seemed like a HUGE battery killer. I did like that when you type and it auto corrects and you press the word and it has how you originally spelled it. That was a nice little touch. I do wanna play with one though. I will give it a try and stuff but from what I saw I have no interest in trying to get one.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
I like the look of the windows hd line of phones they seem to be wider than the droid x but windows 6 left a bad taste in my mouth with all the freezes from forgetting to close our apps.

piquat

Reaction score
The vid I saw on it said that the ONLY place you're going to be able to get apps for it is their app store. Mentioning the fact that they want to "control the user experience". /sigh They still don't get it.

Pandemic187

Reaction score
I'm sure WP7 is decent but not great. After many releses (WM 6.5) Windows Mobile was worse than the first version of Android. So, I doubt this is anything revolutionary. And the fact that users can apparently only download apps from their app store only reinforces that belief.

It'll get some market share, but even with the Microsoft name I doubt they'll grab even 20%.

JohnAP2

Reaction score
Windows? Seriously? Isn't that the operating system many of us abandoned years ago... After owing the WWP "Worlds Worst Phone" the Samsung Omnia, I knew they were doomed.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
After fighting and failing with my windows 6.5 phone I will never even look at another winmo phone!! It was the biggest piece of crap ever!!! Those windows fanboys can keep em and watch them die a quick death!!

Chris

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
I will keep my Droid X over this phone and many others out there right now. I would more like head back to BB before doing WM.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
One thing: old chips.

Some of the WP7 phones use the old Snapdragon, which is wild since the newer Snapdragon is in some of the WP7 phones and the newer Snapdragon is showing up in newer HTC Android phones.

They are gonna market them as being comparable...ALL the WP7 phones should have the newer Snapdragon...

The OS, yea it looks nice, the hardware....nothing new for some of the phones...

Oh...and not to mention 2 of the WWP7 phones have rated talk times of 3 and 4 hours....lol I pray thats cuz they are using a tiny battery....

BigZig

Reaction score
After a year none of these new phone impress me enough to drop my OG Droid