Droid X vs. Droid Pro

champ41

Reaction score
Okay so I'm getting a new phone soon becuase my two-year contract is up. I want one of these phones but dont know what to get? I have never had a smart phone but I want to try one. Pretty much the biggest thing I am worried about is the battery life. I text a lot throughout the day and call occasionally. I will also use browser for facebook every now and then. The most i will do is text. Somebody help me out here. I wanna know which battery will last longer if i text a lot in a day. Thanks!

cpjr

Reaction score
Honestly dude, either one...depending on how you set it up....plus you can buy an extended battery.

Dont buy a phone based sorely on which might hold a charge longer.

OP
C

champ41

Reaction score
Okay well then what phone would you guys get? A personal preference

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Personal opinion? X all the way. I don't need a physical keyboard so the screen real estate and capabilities of the x totally do it for me.

tappin and a talkin

OP
C

champ41

Reaction score
But does the size of the X ever bug you?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I have a Droid 2, but for me that's one of the biggest selling points. I've got big hands and fat fingers. That's why its a personal preference thing.

tappin and a talkin

Hobn

Reaction score
The X seems pretty small after a while, but make sure your pockets can handle it. And if you are going into smartphones, consider waiting for the 4g dual cores.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's true. The thunderbolt should be out in no longer than 2 weeks.

tappin and a talkin

OP
C

champ41

Reaction score
alright. well i can't get it until march so im just looking at options. ill check out the thunderbolt

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
The Pro and X have (I believe, anyways) the same capabilities as far as hardware. If wrong, correct me.

I use the Pro because of the physical keyboard. IMO, the only difference is screen size and keyboard. I despise all touchscreen keyboards, and I prefer smaller phones.

Maybe you feel differently.

cpjr

Reaction score
I love my X. Biggies for me are the bigger screen and I dont personally want a physical keyboard.

OP
C

champ41

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.. keep arguments about both phones coming! I like what i hear!