1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X USB OTG Support?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kuboo99, Sep 14, 2011.

1. kuboo99

kuboo99 New Member

I had searched the internet for info about the Droid X supporting USB OTG and only found out that the OG Droid could do it. I took a risk and bought a micro USB to USB OTG cable and:
    It did absolutely nothing, both with a mouse and a flashdrive. So I just wanted to let others know that at the moment it does not appear to work. (Could be a ROM or driver thing, I am on Liberty GB 0.9 but I don't think so.) However if anyone has any tips or ideas to make this work, feel free to tell me.

EDIT: I tried leukram's idea and still had no luck. I tried rebooting the phone with just the cable plugged in and rebooting the phone with the flashdrive plugged into the cable. Both methods did nothing. Also I did change ROM's but I really think that the Droid X simply doesn't have the ability to do USB OTG.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  2. leukram

leukram New Member

Did you try rebooting while having the USB OTG cable plugged in? In my research on this (not specifically for DroidX), I ran into a lot of people saying that you had to have the cable plugged in while the phone reboots. Android detects it and configures the phones USB port as a host.
  3. kuboo99

kuboo99 New Member

I have not tried that. I will try it when I get some time and report back. Thanks for the idea.
  4. scorpiomaj27

scorpiomaj27 New Member

I posed this question on MDW and didn't really get any responses, because I was considering buying the adapter cable you're talking about. (You're talking about Micro B to micro AB or to micro A, correct? Or micro B to regular AB?)

I know that with honeycomb on the Xoom it's not supported, but with the Tiamat rom for Xoom it works, HOWEVER I couldn't figure out how to get it to work without a USB OTG mounting app.

Stands to reason that if the ROM supports USB OTG, you may still need some mounting method.

Want me to see if I can get the APK off the Xoom for ya? I also have a DX and would like to know if this works. (I suppose you could attempt to mount via terminal, but that's not really a great solution even if it does work.)

-jason
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  5. kuboo99

kuboo99 New Member

Well, I recently got a galaxy nexus and the otg cable works with it. The usb drive and even a mouse light up when plugged in while on the DX they dont light up at all. I am thinking it is an actual hardware limitation and not a software one. Thanks for the thought though :)
Search tags for this page

droid x otg

droid x otg usb

droid x usb host support
droid x usb on the go

droid x usb otg

droid x2 otg

droid x2 otg cable
droid x2 usb otg
droidx otg
motorola droid x otg
motorola droid x usb otg