Droid X update??

DROIDpfft

Reaction score
So I went from a roooted and ROMed D1 to a Droid X. And to tell the truth. I hate it. I liked My droid 1 a whole lot more. Now the hardware of the phone is great. But my phone rarely let's me take pictures. Or record videos... my phone freezes all the time And is extremely unstable. I know im on the boat with just about every X owner. I've looked for a thread regarding an update for it. But can't seem to find anything. Is google planning on pushing out an update anytime soon? I want to see this phone at its full potential

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Assocracer

Reaction score
I just went into the menu and told it to look for a system update and it had a 2.3 update.

musicman

Reaction score
Sorry your X isn't running smooth for you. I have to say I came from a D1 to an X and I love it. I have heard several people say there DX is having problems and there is supposed to be some fixes on the way. Hopefully they will get here soon because once your X is running smooth you will forget you ever had the D1:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No need to root and rom. Just do a factory data reset. Root if you desire, ROM is you want to try them but a factory data reset will have you running like new.

Caution: You will lose all your unpaid apps and data. Paid apps will be available for you in the downloads section of the Market.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
No need to root and rom. Just do a factory data reset. Root if you desire, ROM is you want to try them but a factory data reset will have you running like new.

Caution: You will lose all your unpaid apps and data. Paid apps will be available for you in the downloads section of the Market.

Just to add something real quick, if you selected to have google backup your stuff. I think its in settings -> privacy, your unpaid apps will download automagically after your reset.

If you are rooted, you can use titanium backup to backup app data before a reset and restore it after the reset.

I don't necessarily recommend restoring everything from titanium right away though, as one of the apps might actually be causing the issues you are seeing.

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah bro, to each his own, obviously everyone's opinion will be different. But your phone is not acting "normal" and define "alot", cause I know of "alot" of X owners that are very happy and their phone runs like a champ, including myself. And ive also owned the D1 and Incredible, wouldnt go back.

OP
DROIDpfft

DROIDpfft

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. Hopefully I get a 2.3 update. I know this phone can be amazing if everything worked but its justbso buggy I've tried a data reset and also got a replacement.

OP
DROIDpfft

DROIDpfft

Reaction score
Is the 2.3 update system version or android version? And has anyone else confirmed this update?

DJSketch

Reaction score
Think it might be a system update he is referring too. I had the same issue wit my X running slow an buggy as hell. Then I rooted an found a stable rom an bam it became the best phone I have owned.

Sent from my DROIDX

tmar23

Reaction score
So I went from a roooted and ROMed D1 to a Droid X. And to tell the truth. I hate it. I liked My droid 1 a whole lot more. Now the hardware of the phone is great. But my phone rarely let's me take pictures. Or record videos... my phone freezes all the time And is extremely unstable. I know im on the boat with just about every X owner. I've looked for a thread regarding an update for it. But can't seem to find anything. Is google planning on pushing out an update anytime soon? I want to see this phone at its full potential

I am a total noob, but thought I would throw this possibility out there.... Are you using a task killer? I believe a task killer was necessary on the D1, but it is not necessary on the X. In fact, it could cause issues like what you are experiencing. Just thought I would throw that out there.