Droid X Update 2.3.340 (Not Gingerbread)

rdroidr77

Reaction score
Manually updated. the DX seems snappier now. I thought this update was going to have the darker menu/notification bar. How are people getting the dark one?

crypto

Reaction score
installed 928droid's back to stock odex theme
disabled overclock module with Droid X overclocker
unfroze all my apps with titanium backup
uninstalled bootstrap recovery and removed associated files
installed update
re-rooted phone with zroot with no problems
reinstalled bootstrap recovery with no problems
made a backup
froze bloatware again with titanium backup
reactivated overclock module

haven't deodexed or themed yet. Waiting to see how others are handling that.

Last edited:

Technoman

Reaction score
I am assuming that all of you who are updating are using the link to get the SBF file and doing a manual update? I don't get anything is available when I do an update request.

donballz

Reaction score
I used TBH method to get here finally. Seems pretty snappy. The 1349 Quadrant score is a little under whelming but everything seems ok.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Installed manually last night from a file I downloaded from AndroidCentral.
Install went well. Took about 5 minutes.
Of course, lost root, but was easily rerooted. Had to deodex again in order to theme.
Phone appears to be a bit snappier as mentioned above. Nothing dramatic. I personally never had any issues with screen redraws or general lagginess, but it does seem to be quite quick and smooth.
Battery manager FC's are fixed, timestamp in Txt msgs are now fixed. I never had issues with music player FC's or having to reboot for it to work, so I don't know if that's been resolved.

I too tried to check for updates, but got the same message most of you have gotten: "Your device is up to date".
Hence why I searched for the update.zip file.

Bootloader is 30.04 and kernel is 2.6.32.9-g5562e1w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

So far, so good.
Haven't tried using the 2.2 OTA SBF as I'm not sure if it will work or not, but I'm not willing to take a chance until a new SBF comes out.

donballz

Reaction score
Interesting. I have a different kernel number: 2.6.32.9-gca645b6 w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

I don't enjoy phone modding as much as I used to. Takes forever! I deodexed, I themed, then I had de bloat and get the keyboards I like back on here. Ready for bed

themuttt

Reaction score
Manually updated. the DX seems snappier now. I thought this update was going to have the darker menu/notification bar. How are people getting the dark one?

Gingerbread will have the dark bar, this is not Gingerbread, so the only way to do it now is custom ROM

on a better note, the OTA is back up, I was able to pull it 4:00A EST dancedroid

str0ntium

Reaction score
Of course, lost root, but was easily rerooted. Had to deodex again in order to theme.

Hey Larry,

When you say you had to deodex, again, does this mean that you were able to apply the update to a deodexed system? I've yet to see anyone say this.

And, if so, what happened to any deodexed mods that were installed?

crypto

Reaction score
Phone appears to be a bit snappier as mentioned above. Nothing dramatic. I personally never had any issues with screen redraws or general lagginess, but it does seem to be quite quick and smooth.
Battery manager FC's are fixed, timestamp in Txt msgs are now fixed. I never had issues with music player FC's or having to reboot for it to work, so I don't know if that's been resolved.

I too tried to check for updates, but got the same message most of you have gotten: "Your device is up to date".
Hence why I searched for the update.zip file.

Bootloader is 30.04 and kernel is 2.6.32.9-g5562e1w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

So far, so good.
Haven't tried using the 2.2 OTA SBF as I'm not sure if it will work or not, but I'm not willing to take a chance until a new SBF comes out.

did you manually deodex or install a deodexer theme?

I'm also on bootloader 30.04 now. Don't think I'll be SBF'ing until i see there are no problems with the newest bootloader and all the sbf's floating around

Danii1003

Reaction score
Woohoo just got the update from my phone .....not rooted.....hope it fixes the misspelling of "messsage" when you go to copy message text....drives me nuts :)

Sent from my DROIDX

Danii1003

Reaction score
I just checked this morning and it finally came up with the new update available
I am assuming that all of you who are updating are using the link to get the SBF file and doing a manual update? I don't get anything is available when I do an update request.

Sent from my DROIDX

Danii1003

Reaction score
Ok now I'm confused just updated....took about 5 minutes but now when I go to open the gallery it force closes wth?

Sent from my DROIDX

jase

Reaction score
Not working for me, either. It starts, aborts, and reboots and says "update failed".

I've done a factory reset, wiped the cache, and still get the same result.

I was rooted, and unrooted prior to the update. Everything else was stock.

Guess I'll get creative.