Droid X Update 2.3.340 (Not Gingerbread)

kennydied23

Reaction score
:motdroidhoriz: HELP FREAKING OUT! Please Help!

Dec. 2010 Verizon Motorola Droid FORCED update destroyed my root access and corrupted all rooted apps & several non rooted apps, corrupted the ability to pair blue-tooth.

Titanium Backup Pro root stopped working after today's "FORCED" Verizon Motorola droid update. Worked perfect before Verizon FORCED update. Before allowing update to restart phone, used my Titanium Backup Pro PAID version to backed up everything then uploaded to DropBox.

This is truly unbelievable, the "FORCED MANDATORY VERIZON MOTOROLA DROID", update corrupted my rooting app Z4root, (which has now been removed from the market) my BusyBox (which no longer works with this update), SuperUser app & other apps. I tried to access my phones TI Pro backup app it won't allow me access says may phone has to be rooted. So I downloaded & reinstalled Z4root, BusyBox & SuperUser & set them up again. Same problem from your TI Pro still says can't access needs root access. Verizon is assh****, sorry but I am upset.

I called Verizon tech (morons), I mean support, told them that after the FORCED MANDATORY UPDATE, the update corrupted some of my apps. The tech ask if I had a mod installed & or had rooted the phone, OF COURSE I DENIED IT, the tech said they had a number of people calling today with same problem & just to let me know that such programs violate my Verizon TOS agreement & voids my phones warranty. I again DENIED ANY SUCH DOING. What bulls*** they are feeding me it is my phone I can do as I please, what assh**** Verizon, Google, Motorola & Droid is. I asked if their UPDATE contained any code to disable any programs, the tech stated that while he can not specifically answer that question, that Verizon has the right to FORCE download & install Mandatory updates that would improve the phone, or enforce their TOS policy, (basically what ever they want) what crap. It does not seem right that they can do this.

Fortunately I do have things backed up to SD & to DropBox. Cant access a good backup on TI Pro, because the recent VERIZON Droid Forced update NO LONGER allows the root access to work, disables Z4root, BusyBox & SuperUser. I have now gone through the trouble of doing a hard reset to my phone, reinstalling the above apps & still the problem exist, no root access. Someone said the VERIZON Droid update may have locked the NAND which I have not been able to unlock.

Please forgive my anger, the injustice of the destruction the "FORCED VERIZON MANDATORY UPDATE" & their arrogance in that they own my phone & they can do what they please. I pay them a huge amount of money for their service & this is how they repay me.

Log Collector version: 1.1.0
Device model: Droid
Firmware version: 2.2.1
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5
android-build@apa26
Build number: FRG83D

Dude calm down. First of all you're in the wrong forum, but your apps aren't corrupted. You updated via OTA so of course your root is gone and your root apps don't work. If z4root doesn't work after multiple tries, you'll have to wait until someone releases an updated root method for this update.

Last edited:

mace_freley

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am in Gainesville Florida and I have a stock Droid X (not rooting, etc) and my phone keeps telling me I am up to date and no update is necessary....Powered down, battery pull, etc. and still.....nothing. Anybody know what may be happening?

rockymtnhigh

Reaction score
After just successfully removing a bunch of moto-blur-crap from my phone the last thing I want is a game running as a system app. Irritating. Anyone know if it installs to the SD card?

I am in no rush for this upgrade.

themuttt

Reaction score
anyone NOT getting the update to pull? I am on 2.3.15 and it keeps saying that I am up to date but I know someone else who downloaded it this morning. Moto dun like me for some reason :(

cruckus

Reaction score
anyone NOT getting the update to pull? I am on 2.3.15 and it keeps saying that I am up to date but I know someone else who downloaded it this morning. Moto dun like me for some reason :(

They push it to phones just not at the same time they might do like 500 a day

themuttt

Reaction score

They push it to phones just not at the same time they might do like 500 a day

BASTARDS, I thought we were done with that and could pull :icon_evil:

Scallywag1

Reaction score
I pulled the update. Downloaded it. Hit install. Phone restarted right away. Screen showed it was unpacking files and installing update. Update bar got to halfway. Phone booted. Got message that update failed.
Tried this 3x. Rebooted. Now i get message that im up to date. Still on 2.3.15
Anyone have a solution for me?
Maybe I got it by mistake 1st time?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rp683

Reaction score
Mine said same thing, "update failed"

Could it be because I an rooted and removed some bloatware?

Now it says I am up to date?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:

Scallywag1

Reaction score
I rooted....then unrooted and haven't removed anything. From what I've read root doesn't matter. The update will make u lose root however.
But z4root seems to work still.
From what I've read.....

roshambo14

Reaction score

Same problem here, anyone out there have any idea how to fix?

cruckus

Reaction score

When you do the update it looks for the stuff most people remove (bloatware) plus if your on a rom its better to sbf and do it plus you and everyone else could be trying to download at the same time causing impartial downloads of the ota. I dunno though ill wait till an sbf is out

erict

Reaction score

When you do the update it looks for the stuff most people remove (bloatware) plus if your on a rom its better to sbf and do it plus you and everyone else could be trying to download at the same time causing impartial downloads of the ota. I dunno though ill wait till an sbf is out

Help a newbie, what is sbf??

ekf028

Reaction score
I feel you man. I've been chatting with a couple of people on these forums that swear up and down that they still have root access. I have been trying for the last few hours trying to get it back with no success. Weird thing is, drocap still works.
Edit – nvm drocap runs... but doesn't actually take the screenshot