Droid X Update 2.3.340 (Not Gingerbread)

ekf028

Reaction score
Lets say I don't want to install this update. Can I prevent it from installing? My phone is rooted, but I'm still running the stock rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I do want this update. I am really hoping the hdmi issue is fixed.

dadsterflip

Reaction score
so basically this .340 update is the same as the leak version? so if i manually somehow updated to this .340 am i able to use the latest sbf file? im just lost with all these .320 and .340 etc. does anybody have .340 file to manually update the phone? if im on the leak and use this .340 update would it bring me to a non leak phone? if you get what im saying lol.. thx

ekf028

Reaction score
so basically this .340 update is the same as the leak version? so if i manually somehow updated to this .340 am i able to use the latest sbf file? im just lost with all these .320 and .340 etc. does anybody have .340 file to manually update the phone? if im on the leak and use this .340 update would it bring me to a non leak phone? if you get what im saying lol.. thx

Whoa man, English. Lol

dadsterflip

Reaction score

Whoa man, English. Lol

lol sorry pretty hyped and tired hahaha. ok im on the leak 2.3.320. there is a update out thats 2.3.340. any difference between those two? and if i decide to manually update to 2.3.340, could i use the lastest sbf file? this any better? lol

tatuud

Reaction score
I don't believe you will be able to officially update. My understanding is that you have to be on 2.3.15 in order for the phone to accept the OTA. I posted something similiar so hopefully someone smarter can correct me.

detox

Reaction score
I don't believe you will be able to officially update. My understanding is that you have to be on 2.3.15 in order for the phone to accept the OTA. I posted something similiar so hopefully someone smarter can correct me.

You are correct. In order to receive the ota, you cannot be on the leak or on a custom rom. You have to be on stock froyo with all of that disgusting bloatware ;) (hope you made a backup or you will have to sbf) just not sure if you have to unroot but I'm sure the ota will take care of that for you

pszhu

Reaction score

You are correct. In order to receive the ota, you cannot be on the leak or on a custom rom. You have to be on stock froyo with all of that disgusting bloatware ;) (hope you made a backup or you will have to sbf) just not sure if you have to unroot but I'm sure the ota will take care of that for you

is there any way to let me back to stock froyo 2.2????? hope devs can find a solution.

ekf028

Reaction score

Whoa man, English. Lol

lol sorry pretty hyped and tired hahaha. ok im on the leak 2.3.320. there is a update out thats 2.3.340. any difference between those two? and if i decide to manually update to 2.3.340, could i use the lastest sbf file? this any better? lol

Ha, thought I was getting the hang of the rooting thing until I read that post. Now I'm totally lost lol.
How is the leaked update? I'm actually sitting here staring at my pc debating whether to upgrade to the leak.

epiphone74

Reaction score
Well I tried to get the update this morning... running froyo 2.3.15 after a quick search it returned my phone is up to date...

Guess eastern NC is not getting the update.... LOL

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
I am sorry but I have not been out of the loop for while. I tried to update my phone and it came back that I'm up today.

Sent from my DROIDX

Danii1003

Reaction score
Mine says up to date also and im in ny

Sent from my DROIDX

kennydied23

Reaction score
Just so you all know, the update isn't going to be here (officially) anytime soon. Well, maybe soon, probably later this month.

Last edited:

ekf028

Reaction score
Just so you all know, the update isn't going to be here (officially) anytime soon.

Naysayer! Ah, that figures. Maybe it will be here by summer.
Guess I'll try the leak then. If I install it and its released tonight, I'm coming for you!

kennydied23

Reaction score
Just so you all know, the update isn't going to be here (officially) anytime soon.

Naysayer! Ah, that figures. Maybe it will be here by summer.
Guess I'll try the leak then. If I install it and its released tonight, I'm coming for you!

Lol if it comes tonight, I'll give everyone who posts in this thread a dollar. But you might not want to go to the leak if you plan to do the OTA. If you do you wont be able to update when it does get released.

Maybe TBH will release it tonight, but OTA tonight is a stretch. But keep your eyes peeled because anything's possible!