Droid X Update 2.3.340 (Not Gingerbread)

er0wid

Reaction score
I've got a rooted Droid X(nothing fancy just wanted to delete bloatware) and I can't install the update.

Not too concerned with that since it's not Gingerbread, but since I can't download the update is it going to be a problem when the Gingerbread update rolls out? Like the changes it comes with(keyboard and black notification bar) but Cyanogen Mod isn't available on the Droid X, so I wouldn't know how to get Gingerbread another way.

Big Fate

Reaction score
I've got a rooted Droid X(nothing fancy just wanted to delete bloatware) and I can't install the update.

Not too concerned with that since it's not Gingerbread, but since I can't download the update is it going to be a problem when the Gingerbread update rolls out? Like the changes it comes with(keyboard and black notification bar) but Cyanogen Mod isn't available on the Droid X, so I wouldn't know how to get Gingerbread another way.

Bro, theres like 20 threads explaining how to overcome this... Just read

skennelly

Reaction score
I honestly give up for now.. trying to install via update.zip gives me a verification failed or identification failed error and doesn't even start.

Trying to do it OTA goes about 1/3 of the way stops, reboots, and then says it failed.

Would love to know what the problem is because my backup was made literally the day after I rooted and I have never removed or frozen an application.

Mine is now working on 2.3.340, andylulzyou.

I was grasping at straws. I hadn't removed any apps when I was rooted, or done much of anything beyond installing Setcpu and wi-fi tethering.

Somewhere along the line, I modified my build.prop file, though.

When I restored my build.prop file from the backup of the original stock file, my update went through perfectly.

Something to try if you ever modified your build.prop.

The same thing happens to me. Failed install and it mentions that there is a problem with build.prop file.

What did you do to restore this? I am still a noob and the more detail someone could provide would REALLY help and be GREATLY appreciated.

skyfire322

Reaction score
I haven't gotten the 2.3.34 update yet (I have the 2.3.15), but I'm a little nervous. I'm already rooted, have the BlackGlass ROM and bloatware removed.

Should I use the z4root and unroot it for the time being?

Ivanhoensandiego

Reaction score
I just got updated to this today, yet on the site I see referances to version 2.4; can anybody explain this?

Rishi P

Reaction score
just got the automatic upgrade yday...didn't even know a new version was out...only change I've noticed is my vibrate on text messages is really weird now lol hard to explain anyone else get this or know how to fix it??

celtlion

Reaction score
It's a magical Christmas gift, not only did it upgrade my X but it fixed the GPS problems on the Fascinate I traded in months ago...lol

bmr7c

Reaction score
So if I update I can't put 928bgx back on to theme my phone? Was going to install my backup and then reinstall 928bgx but from what I understand it doesn't run with the update correct? Otherwise I'll wait until there's a blackglass theme for the update.