1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X UID errors & unable to reset

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by wisequack, Jul 10, 2012.

1. wisequack

wisequack New Member

Hey,

I've tried to Google my way to freedom on this issue but no dice. The past couple weeks my Droid X (still under manufacturer's warranty if necessary) has been glitching heavily, giving me constant force closes, infinite loop resets, and generally being useless. Eventually I started receiving errors about my UIDs being Inconsistent (followed by an epic number of force closes).

From the research I've done the best way to fix the UID Inconsistency is a Factory Reset of the phone. So I tried that with great sadness. And failed. As soon as I attempt to reset it, the phone would restart to just like it was on July 4th (including the GPS location - I was driving that day :p). I tried doing that through the software (with phone on) and through hardware (power + home). Every time it pops up with the familiar background and GPS location. I called Verizon to see if they could flash it, and they said they couldn't and that I should call their customer service to get the phone replaced. Of course that requires a phone that doesn't cut out of phone calls every 20 minutes so I can get through the hold time. That is still an option (I think), but I'd prefer to fix it myself if at all possible; I like this phone (the hardware anyway), it's shiny. I tried using the method described in this site: Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems to flash the phone myself (to FroYo, using the Windows USB option). The program seemed to work, but then when I actually restarted the phone it shows the same stupid opening screen.

I'm at my wit's end, and yes I know I can get the phone replaced, but failing that: anyone out there have any suggestions as far as resetting my un-resettable phone (or another way to deal with the UID error)?

Thanks a ton if you do.
  2. wisequack

wisequack New Member

Update: I've discovered that sometimes when my phone resets itself, it comes to a screen that LOOKS like a factory resetted screen ("Welcome to Droid X! Click the android to continue" or something to that effect). However, when it reaches this screen, it has a cascade of System UID Inconsistency errors that crashes the phone and resets it ad infinitum. Soo close. Please, anyone? Any ideas on the System UID Inconsistency or the resetting? It seems like my phone's state has been saved in a way that I can't wipe it... Surely there must be some way to fix though.
  3. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Sounds like you got a bad update.. you're stock you said???

Sorry.. new phone or rooting are your only steps.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  4. wisequack

wisequack New Member

Stock, yes (I haven't rooted it, I mean). I just realized I was trying to load an old sbf that might not have been compatible since I took an OTA update, trying to flash the OTA sbf (so many acronyms :p) right now. Will reply if it works. (Otherwise any other ideas would be welcome.) Is rooting possible without using the phone? Not sure it's stable enough to download much of anything.

Ooh, SW Update in Progress... That's different. More later.
  5. 94lt1

You might have solved your own issue with the update.

6. wisequack

wisequack New Member

Various errors in RSD Lite: "Interface AP-OS: Error verifying Code Group ## checksums. File: 0xXXXX, Phone: 0xXXXX"

Still waiting to see how bad it's gonna hurt :p
  7. 94lt1

Wait RSD lite... what are you using a deviation calculator for??

8. 94lt1

Clear data on that app, or delete it and reinstall it..

9. wisequack

wisequack New Member

?? :p

I'm nowhere near an expert but isn't RSD lite used to flash SBF files? That error was I think after the SBF was supposed to be installed, it was checking for success. Said it failed. Rebooting phone and it came back to July 4th data again.
  10. 94lt1

Roflmfao... I'm sorry.. I'm in left field.. then if your flashing... you're rooted I believe.. I don't root so I'm not the one to be helping you lol. I'd get you into more issues lol.

11. 94lt1

Droid razr maxximized!!!! Prepare to be vanquished!!!
  12. wisequack

wisequack New Member

Does flashing require root? I haven't rooted my phone at this point.
  13. 94lt1

I think it does..

14. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad

As far as I know, yes you have to be rooted to flash ROM's ...

What Android version were you on when you tried to SBF back to Froyo? Gingerbread? I SBF'd my Droid 2 when GB first came out, because I didn't like it, and I only kept GB for a week when I got my Razr Maxx, and I went to ICS. I have NEVER seen a "UID" error, but it sounds to me like whatever you used to SBF back may have been the issue ... did it give you any other errors when you did the SBF? (Other than UID errors?)
  15. wisequack

wisequack New Member

I had heard otherwise on the rooting, but I'll take your words for it, I don't know much about it.

Btw, I just realized I've had the phone for just over a year when this started happening, so whee, no manufacturer's warranty. It's a free-for-all, and rooting is now an option if anyone has any ideas. (Though I'll wait two days before actually doing rooting stuff since I may run by Verizon in person on Friday to give them one chance to flash my phone themselves.)

To answer MattyP's questions, I was on Gingerbread, an OTA update, and accidentally tried to SBF back to FroYo, but the UID errors started way before I even knew what an SBF was (I started trying to Factory Reset it at that point, and when that didn't work tried the SBFs).

No other recognizable errors other than UIDs and Force Closes (just generic "Error" messages with apologies). I just tried the RSD Lite/SBF on a different computer, still no luck. But this seems kinda fun, if anyone has any suggestions I'd be up for being a guinea pig. Might help someone else if not me.
  16. wisequack

wisequack New Member

So, I tried leaving the battery out in hopes of letting internal battery drain (if that even makes any sense, I have no idea what I'm doing) and then started it up straight into bootloader and tried the SBF again. The SBF flashing failed again (I guess no surprise if it does require root), same checksum error. It also corrupted my bootloader in the process. But, I did a battery pull and tried again, and the system reloaded as before. Checked the bootloader and it's fine again. I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day and I'm driving myself off a cliff to my doom with Punxsutawney Phil in shotgun. Are there any attractive female reporters out there I could make sweet love to in order to end this misery? (/spoiler)

I'd also accept feedback from anyone else with ideas. Probably preferable actually, considering the girlfriend and all. Remember, I'm willing to root and I'll try pretty much anything. Do yer worst.

Edit: Apparently technically the female in that movie was not a reporter, but I digress.
  17. wisequack

wisequack New Member

For what it's worth (after much Googling), these look potentially related to my issue:

Droid X. Can't sbf, can't format data/cache/system, can't install rom - Motorola - RootzWiki - Page 3
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod-x/161915-configuration-settings-not-saving.html

I'm not sure how to use this information though... Is there any way I can make it so the phone recognizes changes made to itself? Again, willing to root (if necessary or even possible).

Also, is this even in the right forum? I just realized there's a Droid X forum, just posted in the first "Droid" forum I saw. Don't want to double-post if possible but I can post there and link to here and if a moderator sees this please fix.

Edit: @ mods, alternately this thread could be closed and the new thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-x-uid-errors-reset-problems.html#post2189014 could take over. Your call, just trying to sort this out.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  18. wisequack

wisequack New Member

Droid X UID errors and Reset problems

I'm having System UID Inconsistency Errors and can't seem to reset my phone (or SBF it). It's like Teflon, nothing sticks.

I already posted this in a different forum, but I think I put it in the wrong place. Please see here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...s/216192-droid-x-uid-errors-unable-reset.html

I don't really care if the old thread is moved to this forum or closed, just want to solve this thing! Sorry for the double post.
  19. wisequack

wisequack New Member

Basically, if I don't reset my phone, I get lots of Force Closes and reboots (often into a reboot loop). If I do try to reset my phone, it says it's wiped, but then on reboot the phone looks the same as it did before. When I try to flash the SBF, I get checksum errors which I think are saying that the copying was faulty, maybe because it wasn't copied at all? Anyway, the SBF flashing failed.

Plenty more information in the other thread, see above. I also just posted links to a couple other issues that seem similar to mine. Need help in terms of implementation. I'm not rooted, but am out of warranty and am willing to root if it fixes my problems.
  20. 94lt1

I combined your threads.... hope you find the answers you're looking for.. wish I could help you more, but I don't flash or sbf.

Search tags for this page

android uid error

droid maxx system uids inconsistent
droid wipe uid
gow to restore uid on droid razr
uid android error
uid codes for droid x2 by verizon

uid error android

uid error code on phone
uid error on verizon
uid inconsistent droid incredible
uid ota android