Droid x turned off and wont turn back on

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jokerking, Nov 21, 2010.

1. jokerking

jokerking New Member

somebody help me...i rooted my droidx and everything was goin cool. and i did NOTHING wrong (accept root it) . Then i was tryin to add a new boot animation. and i went into astro file manager, and i tapped SD. then my phone just shut off completley for no reason. and now it wont turn on. Whenever i put my charger in,a green LED glows, but it wont boot and ive tried everything... HELLLPPP MEEEE!!! do i go to verizon, will they know i rooted it? MY DADS GONNA KILL MEEEE!!!!
  2. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

its ok, bring it in to verizon, its the screen(its broken), happens sometimes, they wont be able to tell its rooted and theyll fix it(by giving you a new Droid X) since it was not your fault
  3. Artimis

Artimis New Member

Remove the battery, put it back it, and try turning it on again.
  4. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

There's a help forum you might find better help.
    Droid X Rooted Help - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Oops. I misread your post. You never got this far. It does sound like a hardware issue, screen or otherwise. Sorry i posted before i woke up good. Try the battery pull at least. Maybe plug it in with your adapter too. If nothing still, sounds like a bad display.

Is it getting stuck at the Motor M or doing anything at all? Contrary to what I've read elsewhere, I've had my phone boot loop from a bad boot animation (but then I've been experimenting.) ;)

Do you have the Android SDK and a custom recovery installed? Busybox? We need to rename or delete the animation. I know there's something tricky to getting it into recovery mode with the d2 and dx, but if you can get it there you'll be fine. Using the SDK, open a cmd prompt and type:

(Once in recovery, mount your system in mount options.)

cd <sdk install path>\tools
    adb shell
    (choose one of the next two lines depending on where you placed your animation.)
    cd /data/local
    cd /system/media
    # busybox mv bootanimation.zip bad.bak

Now that the boot animation is renamed, exit out, unmount system, and reboot your phone.

Good luck.
Search tags for this page
droid 4 powered down wont turn on

droid just turned off and wont turned on

droid moto x turned off and wont turn back on
droid x turns off and wont turn on
i turned my motarolla phone off and now it wont turn back on
motorola droid shut off cant turn it back on
my droid tablet is off and i cant turn it back onn
my droid x turns off and wont turn back on
rooted my phone and put on a boot animation now all it does

why dose the motorola droidx 3g phone shut off auto and i ca