Droid X to Thunderbolt?

big al

Reaction score
Aside from the bootloader deal and LTE, is this really an upgrade for me?

andymellon4

Reaction score
Front facing camera, htc sense, more ram

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Performance wise, it walks all over anything that's out now. The only concerns to me are reception and battery life.

DroidForums Junkie!!

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Its a huge upgrade imo
More Ram
Unlocked Bootloader
Front Facing Camera
Better GFX chip (updated one in evo)
Sense
ROM's (so you know u will have newest OS EVO has Gingerbread already thru CM)
Super LCD
Kickstand (not major but its there)

I'm selling my X to my Dad and getting TBolt lol

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, the 2nd gen processor is huge, they are both 1Ghz, but architecture is a huge deal. I remember reading a comparison of a 2ghz Pentium 4 vs a single core, Core 2 1.2Ghz processor. The P4 did a Pi calculation in 4 minutes, and the Core 2 did it in 2 minutes.

So in a nutshell, the newer architecture at almost half of the clock speed, was twice as powerful.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
If you don't care about the boot loader on your Droid X, then don't bother. The Thunderbolt is great, but not worth using an upgrade for. I'd say just wait a bit.
But if the boot loader is a big deal to you, then I suppose you should just upgrade then.

fishfood

Reaction score
If you don't care about the boot loader on your Droid X, then don't bother. The Thunderbolt is great, but not worth using an upgrade for. I'd say just wait a bit.
But if the boot loader is a big deal to you, then I suppose you should just upgrade then.

Don't forget about the initial price of LTE... its speculated to stay the same as 3g now but go up later ... if you get in now you'll probably be grandfathered in and get to keep those same LTE prices. If you wait, who knows what you'll be paying? Keeping in mind that that's all just SPECULATIVE, since VZW isn't telling us anything...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score

Don't forget about the initial price of LTE... its speculated to stay the same as 3g now but go up later ... if you get in now you'll probably be grandfathered in and get to keep those same LTE prices. If you wait, who knows what you'll be paying? Keeping in mind that that's all just SPECULATIVE, since VZW isn't telling us anything...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I'm actually beginning to think that the TB isn't out yet because of 4g pricing. I don't think it'll be the same as 3g. Best Buy is going to have fun explaining that to the people that preordered.